This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This Roasted Beets Feta Salad is so festive, colorful and delicious! Feast your eyes and your stomach on this amazing combo!
If you don’t usually eat beets, you will change your mind after trying roasted beets. The oven roasting process caramelizes the natural sugar in the beets and brings out such amazing deep roasted flavor! In this delicious salad, roasted beets are paired with Feta cheese, orange segments and fresh parsley. This combo is mouthwatering!
The colors of this roasted beet feta salad are striking. White Feta cheese stands out so much against the backdrop of deep purple beets, with the bright orange slices and super green parsley scattered throughout. Such a colorful statement with a delicious taste!
Making this roasted beet feta salad is pretty easy. First you need to roast the beets – peel and cut the beets, toss with olive oil and roast in the oven until tender. Roasting is a hands-off process – the oven does all the work :) Once the roasted beets are ready, assemble the salad by adding orange segments and fresh parsley and tossing with an olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing.
As a final touch, sprinkle the Feta cheese all over the salad. The reason why the Feta cheese is added after the salad is tossed with a dressing is because I like the Feta cheese to keep its white color (if it’s tossed around with the beets, it will get colored pink).
In a pinch, you can use canned beets instead of roasted beets, but of course the roasted ones are so much better!
If you are making this salad for a party, you can also roast the beets a day or two ahead and store them in refrigerator. When you already have roasted beets on hand, assembling this salad takes just 5 minutes!
If you like this yummy roasted beet feta salad, you will also love these easy recipes:
Spinach Salad With Candied Pecans – this epic salad is a hit at every party!
Sauteed Beet Greens – don’t throw out those beet greens, they are perfectly edible and really healthy!
Kale Salad With Cranberries – this easy kale salad is my favorite way to eat kale!
Russian Beet Soup – this Russian beet soup called “borscht” is a classic! So delicious!
Vinegret Salad – authentic Russian salad with beets, beets are widely used in Russian cuisine :)
- 4 beets
- 1 can (8 oz) orange segments, drained
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ bunch parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the beets and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Toss the beet pieces with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Put the beets on a baking sheet in a single layer, put in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Put balsamic vinegar, 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper in a cup and mix with a fork.
- Put roasted beets, oranges and parsley in a bowl. Pour the dressing over the beet salad and toss until combined. Sprinkle with feta cheese.