Roasted beets are so easy to make, healthy and delicious! If you think you don’t like beets, try them roasted and you’ll change your mind!
Do you usually not eat beets? Were you traumatized by trying the beet rounds from the can? Do you wonder who on Earth buys beets at the grocery section? If that’s the case, you haven’t tried roasted beets!
Roasting is the best way to bring out flavor in most vegetables, including beets. Roasted beets have a deep flavor with a hint of sweetness. Baking the beets in the oven caramelizes the natural sugars inside the beets – so yummy!
If you are bought the beets with the leaves still attached, do not throw out the leaves – they are perfectly edible! See my beet greens recipe for a tasty way to incorporate healthy beet leaves into your diet. Also see my guide on how to store beets to keep them fresh the longest.
Beets are really good for you – they are full of fiber and a great source of vitamins C and B, potassium and manganese. With this tasty roasted beets recipe, adding more beets into your diet is really easy!
How To Make Oven Roasted Beets
Making roasted beets is really easy, it really works the same way as making roasted potatoes. First, peel the beets and cut into 1-inch pieces, then toss in olive oil, put on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake in the oven at 425F for 45 minutes, or until the beets are tender.
When the beets are done roasting, remove them from the oven and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
You can serve roasted beets hot or cold. They keep very well in the refrigerator and taste great the next day. In fact, I actually prefer them cold 🙂
You can serve roasted beets as a healthy side dish, or add them to salads. They are so healthy and delicious!
If you like roasted beets, you will also like these easy yummy recipes:
Russian Beet Salad “Vinegret” – authentic Russian salad recipe made with shredded beets and sauerkraut!
Russian Beet Borscht – delicious healthy soup that’s made with beets! That’s the first recipe that comes to mind when I think of beets 🙂
Roasted Balsamic Brussels Sprouts – these brussels sprouts are baked in the oven with cranberries and almonds, they are so yummy!
Whole Roasted Cauliflower – bake the head of cauliflower whole to make impressive-looking vegan roast!
- 4 beets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the beets and cut into 1-inch pieces (you may want to wear disposable gloves when peeling and cutting the beets so your hands don't get stained).
- Put the beets in a bowl and pour olive oil over them. Toss with your hands so the beets are coated with oil.
- Put the beets on the baking sheet in a single layer, so they are not touching.
- Put the beets in the oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until the beets are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove roasted beets from the oven and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.