Feast your eyes and your stomach on these amazing rainbow roasted vegetables! So colorful, easy to make, healthy and delicious!
Even vegetable haters will love these oven roasted rainbow veggies! Roasting brings the best flavor out of the vegetables, they are so good! And since we eat with our eyes first, the eye-catching bright rainbow colors will surely entice people to eat these amazing vegetables! Which color of the rainbow are you going to eat first? ;)
These rainbow vegetables surely look stunning! They are perfect for parties, your guests will surely be impressed! The great news is that these colorful roasted veggies are super easy to make. Impressive dish with minimal effort – I can never get enough of these types of recipes!
Making rainbow roasted vegetables is as easy as making any other type of roasted veggies. Simply toss the vegetables in olive oil and bake in a pre-heated 425F oven for 25 minutes or until desired tenderness! It’s just the presentation that turns the ordinary roasted vegetables into rainbow roasted vegetables. Group together your veggies by their color and layer them into rainbow stripes! Here I got a stripe of purple onions, followed by a stripe of red bell peppers, then yellow squash, orange carrots, green broccoli and white cauliflower. Those are the colors of my veggie rainbow, and you can certainly be creative with yours! Feel free to use other colorful vegetables – sky is the limit!
For other awesome roasted vegetable recipes, check out my roasted garlic eggplant, roasted Parmesan cauliflower and perfect roasted potatoes. I’d love to see your rainbow vegetable creations – please post them on Instagram with the hashtag #melaniecooks!
- 1 cup red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 cup sliced red bell peppers
- 1 cup sliced yellow squash
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt, pepper and Italian seasoning to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Put the red onion slices in a bowl, pour 1 tsp oil over them and toss with your hands so onions are coated with oil. Transfer the onions to the baking dish, pushing them on one side as shown on the photo.
- Put the red bell pepper slices in a bowl, pour 1 tsp oil over them and toss to coat with oil. Put the peppers in a baking dish next to the onions.
- Put the yellow squash pieces in a bowl, and toss with 1 tsp oil. Put the yellow squash in a baking dish next to the red peppers.
- Put the sliced carrots in a bowl and toss with 1 tsp oil. Put the carrots in a baking dish next to the yellow squash.
- Put the broccoli in a bowl and toss with 1 tsp oil. Transfer the broccoli in a baking dish next to the carrots.
- Put the cauliflower florets in a bowl and toss with 1 tsp oil. Put cauliflower in a baking dish next to the broccoli.
- Put the rainbow vegetables in the oven and cook for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and Italian seasonings to taste before serving.