This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Cooking spaghetti squash in the microwave is so easy! Turn a raw spaghetti squash into a tasty low-carb side dish in just 20 minutes!
Microwave cooking is one of my favorite kitchen shortcuts! I use the microwave to quickly cook things all the time, and spaghetti squash is no exception.
With the spaghetti-like strands and a mild neutral flavor, spaghetti squash is a healthy food winner!
Microwaving spaghetti squash is so quick and easy! I cook vegetables in the microwave (for example, broccoli, asparagus, potato, sweet potato, corn, green beans) very often. If my oven, Instant Pot and Air Fryer are taken up by other foods that are cooking in there, microwave is to the resque :)
How To Cook Spaghetti Squash In The Microwave
Cut the spaghetti squash in half using a sharp knife (a great knife would really make your life easier – click here for my knife recommendations).
Scoop out and discard the seeds. Did you know that there is such a thing as pumpkin seed scraper? :) If you don’t have it, just use regular spoon! If you cook squash a lot and want to make the task of scooping seeds easier, click here to get the seed scraper on Amazon – you’ll thank me :)
Put spaghetti squash halves in a microwave-safe 9×13 dish cut-side down and add 1 cup of water.
Put spaghetti squash in the microwave and microwave on High for 15 minutes, or until tender. When done microwaving, carefully flip over the squash halves with tongs, so the cut side is up.
Separate the spaghetti squash into strands with a fork.
Season spaghetti squash with salt, pepper and your favorite seasonings and enjoy! I love it sprinkled generously with Parmesan cheese, and it’s also great with butter and maple syrup!
If you like microwave spaghetti squash, also check out these easy recipes:
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
- Microwave Cooking Recipes
- Healthy Mug Cakes (using your microwave!)
- Other Low-Carb Squash Recipes
Microwave Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 cup water
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Add water to the microwave-safe dish. Put the squash cut-side down in the microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave the spaghetti squash on High for 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove the dish with spaghetti squash from the microwave and carefully put the spaghetti squash on a serving plate cut-side up.
- With a fork, separate the strands of spaghetti squash so it looks like spaghetti. Season with salt, pepper or other seasonings. If desired, top with butter, Parmesan cheese, maple syrup or spaghetti sauce.
Serve spaghetti squash with:
- Homemade Pesto
- Salsa Chicken
- Easy Meatball Recipes (lots of different meatball variations to choose from by following this link!)