Microwave Popcorn Instructions – How To Make Popcorn In The Microwave
This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Have a bag of microwave popcorn? Follow these easy instructions for cooking popcorn in a microwave and you will have fresh, movie-style popcorn in minutes!
Making popcorn in the microwave is super easy and quick. Just follow the instructions below and you won’t have to worry about burning your popcorn or not cooking it enough ever again!
You will have delicious movie-theater style popcorn in no time at all. It makes a great movie or party snack! Your family will love it.
You can any microwave popcorn brand – it will work!
You can also add your own seasonings to customize the popcorn to your taste!
Want to make popcorn but don’t have a microwave? Check out this recipe for air fryer popcorn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UneOa1cojRo&ab_channel=MelanieCooks
How to Cook Popcorn in the Microwave
First remove one of the packages of popcorn from the plastic wrapping.
Make note of which side the popcorn bag should be placed down. It will say “this side down” or something similar. Be sure to place the correct side facing down in your microwave.
Now most microwaveable popcorn will say to cook for 1 minute and 45 seconds, but I find that it is not enough time for most microwaves. If you want to fully cook your popcorn, set the microwave for 2 minutes.
Once you have cooked the popcorn, the bag will be inflated and very hot. Carefully remove from microwave.
Pour into a large bowl for serving. You can eat it as is or add some additional toppings or seasonings. Delicious!
Here are some popcorn topping ideas. Get Creative and change up your plain popcorn!
- Sprinkle on some cinnamon and sugar
- Chili powder
- Taco seasoning
- Nutritional yeast (also a great cheese substitute)
- Curry powder
- Mix in some sriracha sauce and garlic powder
- Toss with a package of powdered ranch seasoning!
What to Serve with Microwave Popcorn
Looking for some other light snacks to serve along with your popcorn? Check out some of these great ideas for healthier options when serving friends or family at a gathering. They will love these gluten free and vegetarian options!
- Air Fryer Apple Chips
- Air Fryer Roasted Chickpeas – So Crispy!
- Keto Parmesan Cheese Crisps Recipe
- Baked Beet Chips Recipe
- Healthy Hazelnut Chocolate Truffles Energy Balls
More Microwave Recipes
Do you love using your microwave to cook food? Or live in a dorm room without access to a kitchen? Check out some of my easy microwaveable recipes below! You can cook lots of yummy food in the microwave!
- Microwave Cinnamon Apple Slices
- How To Cook Frozen Edamame In The Microwave
- Gluten-Free Banana Bread Mug Cake Microwave Recipe
- How To Cook Brussels Sprouts In The Microwave
- How To Cook Sweet Potatoes In A Microwave
- How To Cook Broccoli In A Microwave
See also dessert popcorn recipes!
Want to try something sweet instead of savory? Check out my easy recipes for delicious dessert-style popcorn!
- Chocolate Covered Popcorn Recipe
- Christmas Popcorn With M&Ms And Marshmallows
- Homemade Caramel Popcorn Recipe
- Cinnamon Brown Sugar Popcorn Recipe
- 1 package popcorn
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Remove the popcorn bag from the plastic wrapping.
- Place in microwave making sure to face the correct side down, as shown on package.
- Cook in microwave for two minutes on high.
- Remove carefully and pour into a large bowl.
Love your recipes & tips…but just wonder if you know micro popcorn bags almost always contain POFA ‘s which are dangerously unhealthy?