How To Make Baked Potato In A Microwave
This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Microwave baked potato is the ultimate baked potato shortcut! Everybody loves baked potatoes, but who has time to bake them in the oven? Baking a potato in the oven takes the whole hour!
Thankfully, there is a quick and easy way to make baked potatoes – in a microwave! To make baked potato in a microwave, simply wrap it in a paper towel and microwave on High for 5 minutes. If you don’t have a side dish for dinner but have potatoes in your pantry, you are 5 minutes away for a yummy baked potato side dish. Microwave baked potato recipe is so simple and so delicious!
Microwave Baked Potato Recipe
- 1 potato
Instructions How To Make Baked Potato In A Microwave
- First, wash the potato under cold running water until it’s clean. Dry the potato with the paper towel.
- Next, prick the potato once with a fork. These holes will allow the steam to escape while the potato is cooking, so the potato doesn’t explode.
- Next, wrap the potato in a paper towel.
- Put the wrapped potato in a microwave. Cook the potato on High – 4 minutes for medium potato, 5 minutes for large potato, 6 minutes for extra-large potato.
- When the potato finished cooking, let stand for 1 minute.
- Carefully take the potato out of the microwave – it will be very hot. Take the potato out of the paper towel and put it on a plate.
- Add desired toppings to your microwave baked potato. I like to simply cut it in half and put a little butter on it and sprinkle with salt.
Congratulations – now you know the easiest recipe ever – how to make baked potato in a microwave! Enjoy your microwave baked potato!
Here are some more pictures of how to make baked potato in a microwave:
Potato Wrapped In A Paper Towel Before Baking
Baking The Potato In A Microwave
Microwave Baked Potato – Freshly Baked And Unwrapped From The Paper Towel
If you like this super-easy microwave baked potato recipe, you will love the microwave corn on the cob recipe! Yes, you can make corn on the cob in the microwave just as easily as making baked potato in a microwave :)
This is great and simple! Perfect for those nights when you don’t have a lot of time to cook!
baked sweet potato in in oven is way better tasting then a microwave potato, by far…
Well, if you don’t have an hour to wait to bake it in the oven, microwaved baked potato is better then no baked potato :)