These authentic Greek lemon potatoes taste just like the ones from a Greek restaurant! This is the only Greek potato recipe you’ll ever need!
These Greek lemon potatoes are so full of flavor and so addictive! You can taste the lemon, garlic and oregano in every bite!
What makes these Greek potatoes special is the dressing made with olive oil, fresh lemon juice, garlic, mustard and oregano. The potatoes are tossed in a generous amount of this homemade dressing, then baked in a covered casserole dish until soft.
The slightly yellow color of the Greek lemon potatoes is from the mustard!
If you always order Greek potatoes in a Greek restaurant, you’ll love this homemade version! You can make a huge portion of these Greek potatoes and eat as much as you want!
Making the lemon Greek potatoes is really easy. Just mix the ingredients for the dressing, toss the potatoes in it, put the potatoes in a baking dish, cover with foil and bake in pre-heated 400F oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. You don’t have to mess with the potatoes while they are baking, the oven does all the work!
Since the potatoes bake for such a long time, they get really soft and the lemon dressing flavor really permeates the potatoes! They taste mouthwatering!
Since Greek potatoes are soft, they reheat very well and taste great the next day! Unlike crunchy potato fries that get soggy when reheated, Greek potatoes are a perfect side dish to make ahead! These authentic Greek potatoes will be a hit at every gathering!
If you like Greek lemon potatoes, you will also love these easy recipes:
Greek Salad With Tomatoes, Cucumbers And Feta – this salad is so crunchy, yummy and refreshing!
Homemade Greek Gyros – forget the takeout, you can make gyro meat yourself in your oven!
Crunchy Roasted Potatoes – if you want really browned crispy potatoes, this is your recipe!
Best Ever Potato Salad – when you try this easy potato salad recipe, you’ll never want to make it any other way!
Ground Beef And Potato Casserole – are you a meat and potatoes person? This is a great down-to-earth recipe to feed a crowd!
- 2.5 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- ¼ cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a cup, mix mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic and oregano.
- Put potatoes in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Pour the olive oil mixture over the potatoes and toss with your hands until all the potatoes are coated with the oil mixture.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and put in the oven.
- Bake the Greek lemon potatoes for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Season the potatoes with salt and pepper to taste.