This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This easy potato salad is the best potato salad recipe ever! Once you try this amazing recipe, you’ll never have potato salad any other way! Secret ingredient is revealed below!
This creamy potato salad is the king of all potato salads! This easy potato salad recipe with egg is so simple, yet so mouthwatering! Bring it to a potluck and there won’t be a single drop of this potato salad left. Not a crumb! The bowl will be scraped out so clean, you won’t believe it!
The secret ingredient of this easy potato salad is the sweet pickle relish. It gives the creamy dressing such amazing depth of flavor, it can’t get any better than that! A touch sweet, a bit tangy, absolutely just right!
Forget about using only mayo to dress the potato salad – it’s too flat and one-dimentional. The creamy dressing for the best potato salad is made with mayo, mustard and sweet pickle relish. This way you get the creaminess of mayo and the added flavors of mustard and sweet pickle relish. Nobody will guess there is mustard in there (it kind of dissolves in the salad and becomes invisible), but they’ll marvel at the taste!
Also, make sure you use a good mayo. My favorite brand is Hellman’s Real Mayo – and they didn’t pay me to write it, I truly think it’s the best :) And please, please, please – do not use the low-fat or fat-free mayo!
Another secret to the best tasting potato salad is drizzling vinegar over the potatoes right after they are cooked. The vinegar just makes potato taste and texture so much more potato-salad-y :) Yes, potato-salad-y – meaning that it turns the ordinary potatoes into perfect potato salad potatoes!
For the best potato salad, you should use the potatoes with the thin skin – either the red potatoes or the yellow potatoes. Don’t use the baking or Russet potatoes – they are too flaky and will fall apart. We want the distinct pieces of potatoes to shine in this delicious potato salad!
How To Make Best Potato Salad
Making the best potato salad is really easy.
- First, boil the peeled potatoes. In a separate pot, boil the eggs.
- While potatoes are boiling, chop the celery and green onions, and make the dressing by combining mayo, mustard and sweet pickle relish.
- Next, cut potatoes into pieces and drizzle with vinegar.
- Peel and chop the eggs and add to the potatoes.
- Add the chopped celery and green onions to the potatoes, then add the dressing and mix until combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with paprika.
That’s it! Your best ever potato salad is ready!
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 4 green onion stalks, diced
- 1½ cup mayo
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 1 tsp sweet paprika (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook for 25 minutes. Drain and cool for 15 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes into ½ inch pieces.
- Put potatoes in a large bowl, drizzle with white vinegar and stir.
- Chop the eggs and add to the potatoes.
- In another bowl, mix mayo, mustard and sweet pickle relish.
- Add the mayo mixture to the potato salad and stir to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the potato salad in a serving bowl and sprinkle with paprika.