This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Just put popcorn kernels in the air fryer and the air fryer will pop it to perfection! All you have to do is follow these easy recipe instructions to enjoy fresh air fried popcorn!
If you don’t have an air fryer, no problem! You can just follow my microwave popcorn video.
Check it out here: https://youtu.be/E0Mcoraro0Y
Air Fryer Popcorn
This recipe for air fryer popcorn is great for those of you without a microwave! I love having popcorn as a quick snack or to enjoy with a movie at night.
Share with your friends or family. Make as a snack for your kids after school! Popcorn contains a lot of fiber so this is a healthy snack!
This is a great gluten-free snack and can also easily be vegan as well. Just use plant-based butter or olive oil and vegan cheese!
How to Make Air Fryer Popcorn
This recipe is so simple! All you need is your air fryer and some popcorn kernels. You can use packaged or unpackaged popcorn for this recipe.
Step one is to pour your popcorn kernels into the air fryer basket. Use about 3 oz if unpackaged. If buttered, break up any clumps so that the kernels are separated as much as possible.
Next you will turn on the air fryer at 400F for 8 minutes.
When the time is done, remove all of the popped popcorn and place it into a mixing bowl. You can use a spatula to help you do this. Leave any un-popped kernels in the basket.
Return the basket to the air fryer at 400F and set for 5 minutes.
When done, remove the rest of the popcorn and enjoy with your favorite seasoning! Yum!
What to Do with Air Fryer Popcorn
You can just eat your popcorn as is from the air fryer, or add on some toppings and seasoning! Here are some great ideas:
- Try some nutritional yeast for a vegan, cheesy flavor.
- Parmesan-Rosemary: Toss your popcorn with 1/3 cup grated parmesan, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Sriracha-Lime: Melt 3 tablespoons butter and mix with 2 tablespoons Sriracha, 1 teaspoon lime zest and 1 tablespoon lime juice; pour over hot popcorn and combine. Season with salt.
- Chocolate: melt some chocolate chips and drizzle over freshly popped popcorn
I also have a number of creative popcorn recipes you can try out if you are feeling adventurous!
- Chocolate Covered Popcorn Recipe
- Christmas Popcorn With M&Ms And Marshmallows
- Homemade Caramel Popcorn Recipe
- Homemade Cheese Popcorn Recipe
- Cinnamon Brown Sugar Popcorn Recipe
Air Fryer Popcorn
- 1 Package of popcorn kernels or 3oz kernels
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Step one is to open your bag of popcorn and pour it into the air fryer basket. If the kernels are clumpy, break them up as much as possible. You can use unbuttered or buttered popcorn.
- Set air fryer temperature to 400F for 8 minutes.
- When done, remove all of the popped popcorn. You can use a spatula to help you do this. Place in a bowl. Leave any remaining kernels in the basket.
- Return basket to air fryer at 400F and set time to 5 minutes.
- When done, remove the rest of the popped popcorn and enjoy!
See these other great air fryer snack ideas:
- Air Fryer Crunchy Roasted Green Peas
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
- Air Fryer Roasted Chickpeas – So Crispy!
- Air Fryer Apple Slices