This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Looking for a fun way to eat sweets on Mardi Gras? This Air Fryer Mardi Gras King Cake with Canned Cinnamon Rolls is the best! With just two simple ingredients needed, this simple and festive dessert couldn’t be more simple.
Air Fryer King Cake Recipe
Talk about a Mardi Gras tradition. Can you even celebrate if you don’t have an easy king cake recipe? The best part about this delicious Mardi Gras dessert is that it takes minutes to make and tastes so good.
With two ingredients needed and just 20 minutes of cook time, you’ll be celebrating faster than you ever thought possible by the powerful cooking of your air fryer.
If you’re new to the air fryer world, welcome. It’s a great place to be.
This simple king cake recipe is one of my favorites this time of year, but I also really love cooking up these Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings as one of my favorite appetizers, too.
Looking to buy an air fryer? Click here for the model I recommend.
Tips for Making Mardi Gras King Cake in the Air Fryer
Even though this recipe for making this cinnamon roll cake in the air fryer is simple, there are a few tips to keep in mind.
- Be certain to spray the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray. You don’t want to waste a morsel of this recipe by having it stick to the pan.
- Don’t forget to pinch together the cinnamon rolls. This will help them “grow” and bake together to get that king cake look that we all love and enjoy.
- If you’re not a sprinkles fan, you can always opt for purple and green frosting only.
- If you like cinnamon rolls, you’ll love these Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls (Canned Pillsbury) as well.
Make certain to pay attention to the cooking time so that you don’t burn the cinnamon rolls. Once they start to turn golden-brown, that is your clue.
How to Store Leftover King Cake
The biggest thing to remember is that you’re going to want to keep this cake out of the open air. Store any leftover cake in a container with a lid.
If it does happen to harden, you can just pop it in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it back up quickly. You can also reheat in the air fryer for about 5 minutes as well.
Recipe Tips and Suggestions
- Don’t overlap the cinnamon rolls. It’s fine for them to be touching as the recipe describes but don’t lay them on top of one another.
- Let the cinnamon rolls cool a bit if you notice that the frosting is melting off. This will help the frosting stay on the cake which will hold the sprinkles on as well.
This cake recipe should serve up to 4 people easily. (but if you don’t feel like sharing, you can say that it serves just one!) If you’re feeding a larger crowd, just make the recipe again for another fun king cake!
If you love this air fryer king cake recipe, don’t miss out on these other delicious air fryer recipes:
Air Fryer Mardi Gras King Cake With Canned Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 can cinnamon rolls
- purple, green and gold sprinkles
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Spray the air fryer basket with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Put cinnamon rolls in the air fryer basket in a ring shape (reserve the frosting for later).
- Pinch together the edges of cinnamon rolls, so they stick together.
- Cook cinnamon rolls in the air fryer at 300F for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Carefully invert the cinnamon rolls cake from the air fryer basket onto a plate, then use another plate to flip it over so it's browned-side up.
- Frost the cinnamon rolls cake with the frosting.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon rolls cake with the colored sprinkles, alternating the stripes of green, gold and purple colors to make it into a Mardi Gras King Cake.