How To Make Turkish Coffee
This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Turkish coffee is a special way of making coffee without a coffee maker. Turkish coffee is traditionally made in a tall and narrow pot called “ibrik”, but you can also make it in a small pot or saucepan. Turkish coffee tastes very deep and intense and has foam on top. If you are a coffee lover, try making Turkish coffee – it can become your new favorite! Follow my easy instructions on how to make Turkish coffee and enjoy this flavorful coffee prepared in such unique way.
You can use any kind of coffee beans for the Turkish coffee, the only difference between the Turkish coffee and regular coffee is the way the coffee is ground. For the Turkish coffee, you need to grind the coffee beans into the finest powder – use the extra-fine setting on your coffee grinder. If you don’t have a coffee grinder, you can use the coffee grinder in the store when you buy coffee – many store coffee grinders have “Turkish coffee” setting. The coffee needs to be ground extra-fine because there is no coffee filter involved in making Turkish Coffee – the coffee powder goes into the drink itself, and you don’t want big coffee crumbs in your coffee :) The super-fine coffee powder blends smoothly into the coffee drink, resulting in a very intense and tasty coffee.
Enjoy your Turkish coffee – the ultimate coffee for true coffee lovers! Also see secrets of good homemade coffee, coffee with liquor and how to make iced coffee.
- 2 tbsp coffee ground on the finest setting
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Put coffee and sugar in a pot, then pour water over them.
- Put the pot on the stove and heat on the Low setting. Soon you will see the foam on top - that's what Turkish coffee is supposed to have. Heat it until the bubbles start appearing on top and it ALMOST boils.
- Don't let the Turkish coffee boil. As soon as it almost boils, take it off the heat.
- Wait for 30 seconds, then put the pot back on the Low heat and wait for those bubbles again, so the coffee almost boils.
- At this point, the Turkish coffee is done. Take it off the heat and pour in the cup.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!