Nothing compares to the freshly squeezed lemonade made with REAL lemons! And when we add freshly sliced strawberries and their sweet sticky juice, that’s simply epic! This amazing strawberry lemonade recipe from scratch is using a secret method I haven’t seen described anywhere else. The best strawberry lemonade secret is now revealed for you to enjoy!
This will be the best strawberry lemonade you will ever taste – period. Made with freshly squeezed lemons and sweet sliced strawberries, if I could describe its taste in one word, that word would be HAPPY. Sweet, tart, aromatic and refreshingly thirst quenching – you need this lemonade right now, yes you do!
If you ever searched for strawberry lemonade recipes online, most of them get the strawberry flavor from pureeing strawberries in a food processor and mixing them into the lemonade. The problem with that method is that instead of the strawberry juice you get the strawberry mush :) The strawberry puree just makes the lemonade cloudy and doesn’t give you as good of the strawberry flavor as the pure strawberry juice.
My strawberry lemonade recipe extracts the strawberry juice from the strawberries by slicing the strawberries, sprinkling them with sugar and leaving them out on the counter for 1 hour. The sugar will draw out the strawberry juice like magic, plus you’ll have these delicious and beautiful strawberry slices that you can add to your lemonade pitcher!
I also sweeten the lemonade differently than most lemonade recipes. Instead of just adding sugar to the cold lemonade and stirring it endlessly trying to get sugar to dissolve, I make the sugar syrup by adding sugar to 1 cup of hot water. Sugar dissolves instantly in hot water, and this sugar syrup is simply perfect for sweetening the freshly squeezed lemonade!
How To Make Strawberry Lemonade From Scratch Step By Step
Step 1: Slice strawberries and sprinkle with sugar
Put the strawberry slices in a bowl, sprinkle with sugar and mix. Set aside on the counter for 1 hour, and they will release the juice.
Step 2: Make sugar syrup
Bring 1 cup of water and 3/4 cup of sugar to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir to dissolve sugar and set aside.
Step 3: Squeeze the lemons
To get the juice out of fresh lemons, cut them in quarters and squeeze.
Step 4: Mix all ingredients
Mix the freshly squeezed lemon juice, water, sugar syrup, strawberries and their juice and lemon slices. Enjoy!
- 1 cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed from about 6 lemons)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 lb strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1¼ cup sugar, divided
- 9 cups water, divided
- Slice the strawberries and put them in a bowl. Sprinkle ½ cup of sugar over the sliced strawberries, and stir with a spoon. Set aside for 1 hour at room temperature, so the strawberries will release the juice and the sugar dissolves. After 1 hour, press on the strawberries with the back of the spoon so they release even more juice.
- In a saucepan, combine ¾ cups of sugar and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and stir, so the sugar is dissolved. Set the sugar syrup aside and let it cool.
- In a serving pitcher, pour 1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice, sugar syrup and 8 cups of cold water. Add the strawberries with their juice and lemon slices.