This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This homemade strawberry bread is amazing! Made with fresh strawberries, it’s like a slice of summer!
Strawberry bread is as delicious as it sounds! Fresh strawberry flavor and amazing texture make this sweet strawberry bread a true winner! When this yummy loaf is baking, your whole house will smell amazing! People will rip this bread out of the loaf pan and devour it!
I first made this strawberry bread after we went strawberry picking on a local u-pick farm and picked a humongous bucket of strawberries! We love to eat strawberries fresh and kept eating and eating them, but this bucket was so big that there was no chance of us finishing the strawberries while they are still in good condition. I already made strawberry lemonade and strawberry pancakes with some of them and was looking for another recipe to use up all these strawberries. Strawberry bread to the rescue! If you have excess strawberries from strawberry picking, you will absolutely love this recipe!
This homemade strawberry bread is actually filling and substantial. The loaf is so huge and tall! A slice of this bread is perfect for breakfast! You can make several loaves and freeze the slices in the individual ziploc bags and defrost them for breakfast. Strawberry bread for breakfast – that’s a breakfast to look forward to!
This strawberry bread recipe is very easy to make. All you need to do is mix the dry ingredients in one bowl, the liquid ingredients and mashed strawberry pieces in another bowl, then pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients, mix, pour into the loaf pan and bake.
You won’t believe how good it smells while baking! Once the strawberry bread is baked, let it cool in a loaf pan, then take the loaf out and slice into slices. Enjoy!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a non-stick 9x5 loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Chop the strawberries, put them in a bowl and mash with a potato masher or a fork.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, then add vegetable oil and mashed strawberries and mix until combined.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredient mixture and pour the liquid ingredients into the well. Stir the mixture until well combined.
- Pour the strawberry bread batter into the loaf pan. Put in the oven and bake for 1 hour.