This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This watermelon smoothie is perfect for a hot summer day when you need something refreshing to drink. With only 4 ingredients, you can whip this smoothie up in no time!
Simple Watermelon Smoothie without Yogurt
This recipe is perfect for anyone who can’t have dairy or doesn’t want any in their smoothie. This watermelon smoothie doesn’t contain any milk or yogurt! All you need is watermelon, lime, honey, and ice to make this smoothie!
Health Benefits of Watermelon
Did you know that watermelon doesn’t just taste great, its also great for you? There are many health benefits to eating or drinking watermelon in moderation!
Here are some of the reasons why you should add watermelon to your diet:
- Lycopene – This antioxidant, which gives watermelon its red hue, may help lower your risk of cancer and diabetes.
- Citrulline – Along with lycopene, this amino acid can help move blood through your body, thereby lowering your rick of heart attacks!
- Beta-cryptoxanthin – This natural pigment may protect your joints and make it less likely for you to develop rheumatoid arthritis.
- Vitamin A – Watermelon contains large amounts of this vitamin, which is an important nutrient for healthy eyes.
- Water – Aptly named, watermelon is over 90% water, making it a great way to stay hydrated especially in those hot months.
- Low-calorie – Watermelon makes a great dessert swap because it is very sweet, but contains no fat, cholesterol or sodium and only a small amount of calories!
- Potassium – Potassium is another important mineral for your body, especially if you are hitting the gym and want to help prevent cramps and sore muscles.
- Low GI – Look no further than watermelon if you need a low glycemic treat that won’t spike your blood sugar. Its glycemic load is only 5!
- Easy to Digest – If you need to avoid fiber, you will be glad to know that watermelon is still safe to eat even with a sensitive gut.
Pick a Good Watermelon
When selecting your watermelon, try to get one that has no bruises or significant marks on it. Also look for a yellow spot on the bottom (not white), as that means it is ripe. It should feel heavy for its size and sound hollow when you thump it!
How to Cut and Keep Your Melon
After you bring your watermelon home, make sure to wash the outside before cutting it open as you don’t want to transfer any germs. You can safely keep your melon in the fridge for up to 5 days in a sealed container. You can also freeze your watermelon and make smoothies without using ice!
How to Make a Watermelon Smoothie without Yogurt
All you need to make this smoothie is the following:
- Cup of ice
- Chopped watermelon
- 1 lime
- Honey to taste
First add your ice to the blender. I used about 1 cup of ice for mine.
Then add in your watermelon and squeeze in the juice of half a lime.
Then add in some honey, depending on how sweet you would like your smoothie.
Now time to blend! Make sure to blend until nice and smooth.
Then pour into a glass and enjoy!
More Drink Recipes
If you enjoyed this simple watermelon smoothie recipe, check out some of my other delicious drinks!
They are all perfect for a hot summer day.
- Raspberry Infused Flavored Water Recipe
- Instant Pot Peach Lemonade Recipe With Fresh Peaches
- Best Ever Homemade Freshly Squeezed Lemonade Recipe
- Fruit-Infused Hibiscus Iced Tea – Sugar-Free And Naturally Sweet!
- Homemade Strawberry Lemonade Recipe With Freshly Squeezed Lemons & Strawberry Slices
Simple Watermelon Smoothie Recipe Without Yogurt
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Add the ice and watermelon to your blender making sure not to overfill it.
- Then add in the juice of half a lime.
- Next add in the honey to taste depending on how sweet you like it.
- Then blend until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!