This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This super quick and easy Vanilla Milkshake is creamy, dreamy, and downright delicious with each and every sip! It’s a simple 3 ingredient recipe that you can whip together in just 3 minutes! So go ahead and whip out your blender, and treat yourself to this classic frosty favorite!
The Perfect Vanilla Milkshake Recipe
There is just something magical about the simplicity of a vanilla milkshake. Whether you’re lounging by the pool, hosting a backyard barbecue, or simply craving a nostalgic treat from your childhood, this homemade vanilla milkshake is the perfect way to stay cool! With its smooth and creamy texture and ice-cold temperature, this shake is pure heaven served with a straw!
But it gets even better! It’s incredibly easy to make. In just a matter of minutes, you can whip up this vanilla shake with just 3 simple ingredients and a handy blender! Just combine vanilla ice cream, milk, and a splash of vanilla extract, flick on the switch of the bender, and voila! In no time, you have an ice-cold and creamy delectable treat that is sure to put a smile on your face!
How To Make A Vanilla Milkshake
This recipe is a cinch to make with the help of a blender! But you can also use a food processor or an immersion blender!
Here is what you’ll need:
- Vanilla Ice Cream: The star ingredient! The rich and creamy texture is perfect for milkshakes. You can use any brand or type of vanilla ice cream including non-dairy ice cream or frozen yogurt.
- Milk: It’s used as the liquid base. For a truly indulgent experience, opt for whole milk or at least 2%! Yet, feel free to use any kind of milk. Plant-based milk will work too!
- Vanilla Extract: Adds just the right amount of extra vanilla flavor. Use pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste for the best taste.
Once you have gathered all your ingredients, you can start blending your way into milkshake bliss!
First, add 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream into your blender. Then pour in the milk followed by the vanilla extract. Now, tightly secure the lid of your blender and blend the mixture until it becomes nice and smooth.
After the milkshake is done blending, check the consistency. If it’s too thin to your liking just add a bit more ice cream and if it’s too thin a bit more milk. Then once you’re happy with the thickness of your shake you’re all set.
Now, pour your vanilla milkshake into a frosty glass, top it with some whipped cream if you like, pop in a straw, and enjoy!
- Chill your serving glass so that it is nice and cold. This will help to keep the vanilla shake from becoming runny or melting too quickly.
- Adjust the amount of milk for your desired consistency. Add more milk for a thinner milkshake or less for a thicker one.
- If you don’t own a blender, this recipe can be made with a food processor or immersion blender.
- Use high-quality vanilla ice cream and pure vanilla extract for the best flavor and creamy texture.
This vanilla milkshake recipe is not only delicious but also incredibly easy to customize! You can switch up the flavor, stir in mix-ins, or add toppings! Here are a few ideas!
- Chocolate: Swirl in a few tablespoons of chocolate syrup before serving for a delicious chocolatey-vanilla fusion.
- Berry: Toss in a handful of fresh or frozen berries such as to create a fruity twist.
- Cookies: Crush some cookies and fold them into the milkshake mixture for a yummy cookie crunch.
- Nutty: Add a spoonful of peanut butter, almond butter, or Nutella for a nutty variation.
- Caramel: Drizzle some caramel into the blender or swirl it on top of the finished milkshake to create a caramel-vanilla combination.
- Tropical: Blend in some ripe banana, pineapple chunks, or coconut for a tropical island taste.
- Coffee: Add a spoonful of espresso powder to infuse with coffee flavor.
- Alcohol: Mix in a splash of your favorite liqueur such as Baileys, Kahlua, or Amaretto to make a tasty adult milkshake.
What To Serve With Vanilla Milkshakes
While this vanilla milkshake is absolutely delightful on its own, it’s fantastic when paired with other classics like juicy Instant Pot Burgers and crispy Air Fried French Fries! It’s also super yummy with an Air Fried Grilled Cheese or Baked Chicken Tenders with homemade BBQ Sauce.
And if you’re throwing a kid’s birthday party you can’t go wrong serving this yummy shake along with other sweet treats like decadent Chocolate Cupcakes and bite-size no-bake Cookie Dough Truffles. Your guests, especially the little ones will love you for it!
More Easy Drink Recipes
If you enjoyed this vanilla milkshake recipe be sure to check out some of my other amazing cold drink recipes! They are sure to keep you cool and refreshed on long hot days!
- Raspberry Infused Flavored Water Recipe
- Low Carb Sangria Recipe
- Freshly Squeezed Lemonade Recipe
- Sugar Free Hibiscus Iced Tea
- Easy Strawberry Lemonade
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Add the ice cream, milk, and vanilla extract to your blender.
- Blend the mixture until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!