These chocolate cupcakes are so easy to make and taste amazing! This is the last chocolate cupcake recipe you’ll ever need!
Who wants some chocolate cupcakes, raise your hand! This super easy recipe will surely become your go-to recipe for chocolate cupcakes. It’s so easy, so simple and so yummy, that there is no need to ever make cupcakes any other way!
This is a one-bowl recipe – everything gets dumped and mixed in one bowl, creating amazing chocolate batter that will become those awesome cupcakes! You can even get away without having an electric mixer :) Then pour the chocolate batter into the muffin tin lined with paper liners, put in the oven and out come your amazing chocolate cupcakes!
This easy cupcake recipe uses simple everyday ingredients. Chances are you already have everything you need in your pantry and fridge – flour, sugar, eggs, cocoa powder, oil, vanilla, milk, baking powder and baking soda. Simple down-to-earth stuff is best, as usual!
This recipe makes 12 chocolate cupcakes.
If you ever searched for cupcake recipes before, you probably noticed a really strange thing – most of them make 10 cupcakes :) That’s really weird, given the fact that cupcake or muffin pans have twelve cups. Are you supposed to leave 2 cups empty? That would be ridiculous! Look no further – now you have a chocolate cupcake recipe for 12 cupcakes – YES! No embarrassing empty cups here – you get a full dozen of cupcakes to enjoy!
You can use the frosting of your choice to frost these cupcakes. I used my favorite homemade vanilla buttercream frosting – I love the contrast of white frosting and brown chocolate cupcakes!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¼ cup flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 recipe vanilla buttercream frosting
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Line a cupcake or muffin pan with 12 paper baking cups.
- Put eggs, sugar and oil in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Add the milk and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
- Divide the batter between 12 paper cupcake cups.
- Put the cupcakes in the oven and bake for 18 minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let cool completely before frosting.
- Put frosting in a piping bag fitted with a tip of your choice and frost the cupcakes (if you don't have a piping bag, put frosting in a ziploc bag, cut off one corner of the bag and squeeze the frosting onto the cupcakes).