This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
These delicious cranberry sauce muffins are so easy to make and require very little prep. Wonderfully moist and fluffy they are oozing with flavor and the best way to use up any leftover cranberry sauce.
If you have leftover cranberry sauce, then you need to try this recipe!
These sweet muffins are so light and fluffy, it’s like biting into a cloud! They rise so wonderfully in the oven and there is not a dry crumb in sight thanks to the cranberry sauce.
So quick and easy to make, these muffins are vegetarian and ready to enjoy in about 30 minutes.
Cranberry Sauce Muffin Ingredients
These yummy muffins are made with simple ingredients, most of which you should have to hand already.
- Baking Powder
- Brown Sugar
- White Sugar
- Cranberry Sauce
- Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla Extract
How To Make Cranberry Sauce Muffins
These muffins are so super easy to make, you can whip them up in no time at all. They are a great make ahead, so be sure to make a double batch!
So quick and easy and the results are truly delicious!
Cranberry Muffin Recipe Variations
I love these muffins just the way they are, but you can easily add to them to suit your tastes.
- Swap the cranberry sauce for applesauce.
- Once the muffins have cooled, drizzle a little icing over them
- Add in some chocolate chips to the muffins. White chocolate chips work really well.
- Grate in some lemon zest for a little zing.
How long do the muffins keep?
These freshly baked muffins can keep well for up to a week. Once they have cooled, place them in an air tight container and place in the fridge. If they are stored at room temperature they will keep for 2 to 3 days.
Can you freeze these cranberry muffins?
Yes, these muffins freeze really well, so you may want to make a double batch! Let the muffins cool and then place them in a freezer bag or container. They will keep for up to 3 months. They can be thawed at room temperature or heated through in the oven or microwave.
How do you prep the muffin tin?
I like to place the muffin batter into paper muffin cups, they are so much easier to remove from the muffin tin this way and much easier to handle and store. I like to spray a little non-stick spray into the paper liners so that the muffins pull away easily.
How do you know when the muffins are done?
These muffins will take around 25 minutes to bake in a pre-heated oven. The tops will be firm and spring back into place when you touch it lightly. Insert a toothpick into the muffin and it should come out clean.
Let the cranberry sauce muffins rest
When you remove the muffins from the oven, let them sit in the tin for five minutes before moving to a cooling rack. This will help them to firm up. If the muffins are left in the tin too long, they can become soggy, so be sure to move them to a cooling rack.
Don’t over mix the muffin batter
For the lightest and fluffiest muffins, it’s important not to over mix the batter when you add the dry ingredients. Mix the flour an baking powder into the wet ingredients so that it is just combined and no flour is visible. I prefer to mix the batter by hand to ensure i don’t over mix.
Don’t overfill the muffin cups
Fill each cup about three quarters of the way full with the cranberry sauce muffin batter. If you fill them right to the top the batter will spread and you won’t get those beautiful dome tops. It will also make a mess of your oven!
More Easy Muffin Recipes
- Keto Almond Flour Blueberry Muffins
- The Best Lemon Poppyseed Muffins Recipe
- Sugar Free Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
- Banana Bread Muffins
Cranberry Sauce Muffins
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper baking cups. Spray the inside of the paper baking cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cranberry sauce, brown sugar, white sugar, milk, vegetable oil, egg, vanilla, salt and cinnamon, and mix until combined.
- Add flour and baking powder to the mixing bowl and mix until combined with the wet ingredients.
- Distribute the muffin batter between the 12 muffin cups.
- Put the muffins in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Cranberry Walnut Salad with Spinach and Apple
- Holiday Cranberry Orange Bread
- Easy Cranberry Orange Sauce