This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
These lemon poppyseed muffins are big and moist and full of lemon flavor! They taste and smell amazing!
OMG I’m addicted to these lemon poppyseed muffins! It is dangerous to leave me and these muffins in the house all day :)
Their lemon smell is intoxicating! Once you smell them, you’ll absolutely NEED to sink your teeth into these moist lemony muffins!
Those poppyseeds are irresistible! I love poppyseeds, and this recipe uses a whole two tablespoons of them! You can taste the poppyseeds in every bite!
These lemon poppyseed muffins are very easy to make. It is a one-bowl recipe – just mix all ingredients in one bowl, then pour in a muffin tin and bake!
Making homemade muffins doesn’t get any easier than that!
This easy lemon poppyseed muffins recipe uses very simple common ingredients – flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, eggs, yogurt, fresh lemon juice and fresh lemon zest.
Don’t skip the lemon zest as it really gives off a lot of lemon flavor! Zesting a lemon is super easy with my unique method – see my guide on how to zest a lemon.
You can make the lemon taste in these muffins even stronger by adding 1 teaspoon of lemon extract in addition to fresh lemon juice. Lemon extract is more concentrated and adds an extra punch of lemon taste!
Also, if you’d like the lemon poppyseed muffins to be as yellow as the ones on my pictures, add the yellow food coloring. This is totally optional – the muffins taste the same regardless of how yellow they are :) The bright yellow color is just for the presentation!
If you are a lemon lover and a poppyseed lover, you absolutely need this recipe! I made many lemon poppyseed muffins, and this recipe is the best ever!
Yummy yum yum!
If you like lemon poppyseed muffins, you will also love these easy recipes:
Starbucks Lemon Loaf Copycat – no need to go to Starbucks to get your fix of their lemon pound cake when you can make the exact replica at home! So lemony and delicious!
Lemon Crinkles Cookies – easy cookie recipe for lemon lovers, these lemon cookies look and taste amazing!
Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Muffins – these giant muffins are loaded with chocolate chips and taste like the ones from a bakery!
Candied Lemon Slices – such intense burst of citrus flavor, I love chewing on these!
Lemon Meringue Pie – so refreshing and bursting with lemon flavor, this step-by-step lemon meringue pie recipe is the best ever!
Lemon Poppyseed Muffins - Best Ever!
- 2 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp poppyseeds
- 1 stick 8 tbsp butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp lemon extract optional
- 1 tsp yellow food coloring optional
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a muffin tin with paper baking cups (or spray with non-stick cooking spray).
- Put butter and sugar in a large bowl and mix with a mixer until combined. Add eggs and mix until combined. Add lemon juice and lemon zest and mix until combined. Add the lemon extract and yellow food coloring (if using) and mix until combined.
- Add 1 cup of the flour and mix until combined.
- Add yogurt and mix until combined.
- Add the remaining 1 1/3 cup flour, baking powder, baking soda and poppyseeds and mix until combined.
- Distribute the mixture between 12 muffin cups (the muffin cups will be full).
- Put the lemon poppyseed muffins in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.