This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
If you’ve been looking to spice things up and try new seasoning on some seafood recipes, I have another one to add to your recipe book. This baked blackened tilapia is absolutely perfect! It’s healthy on top of being quick and easy to make. What more could you ask for?
Baked Blackened Tilapia
I’ve been trying to incorporate more seafood into my diet and let me tell you—I’ve been having so much fun trying out different seasoning blends. It’s amazing how much seasoning can change the entire flavor of your meal!
And this blackened seasoning I put together for this tilapia dish is amazing. It’s perfectly spicy and full of flavor.
Homemade Blackened Seasoning
I know you can easily go to the grocery store to buy a premade seasoning but I really love to make my own.
It’s delicious, doesn’t have anything weird in it, and very wallet-friendly. Plus, I can make a bulk batch and have it ready to go in my seasoning cabinet to use at any time.
Want my recipe? Okay, I’ll share it!
Here are the seasonings you will need to put together this blackened seasoning at home:
Add all of the ingredients mentioned above into a bowl and mix everything together (for the exact quantities, see the printable recipe card on the bottom of this article). If you have any extra seasoning leftover, add it to a small, airtight glass container to maintain its freshness (click for my favorite spice jar containers for storing homemade spice mixes).
How To Bake Blackened Tilapia
After you have made the blackened seasoning mix mentioned above, preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper to make sure the fish doesn’t stick to the pan.
Place the tilapia fillets in a bowl or on top of a cutting board, drizzle some olive oil over the top of them and toss with your hands to coat with oil.
Sprinkle the seasoning mix on both sides of the tilapia and rub it in with your hands so it’s evenly seasoned.
Put the seasoned tilapia fillets on the baking sheet. Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Make sure to not leave the tilapia in the oven over the recommended time. This fish can easily dry out.
- You can easily swap out the tilapia for any other fish you like. I really love this seasoning on some wild-caught salmon or mahi-mahi too!
What To Serve With Baked Tilapia
I have found that this tilapia goes really well with some creamy coleslaw and oven-baked fries – yum! Also, don’t forget the lemon wedge as a little bit of lemon juice makes the blackened seasoning really pop with flavor.
More Seafood Recipes
If you loved this tender, flaky baked blackened tilapia, check out some of my other delicious seafood recipes!
Here are some you should definitely try:
- Baked Whole Whitefish
- Air Fryer Frozen Shrimp
- Baked Salmon With Creamy Garlic Yogurt Dill Sauce
- Spicy Garlic Shrimp And Broccoli Stir Fry
- Oven-Baked Rainbow Trout Fillets
Oven Baked Blackened Tilapia
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Mix paprika, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper and red pepper in a bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put tilapia fillets in a bowl, pour olive oil over them and toss with your hands to coat with oil. Sprinkle tilapia with the seasoning mix on both sides and rub with your hands so it's evenly seasoned.
- Put seasoned tilapia fillets on a baking sheet. Put in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.