This yummy fish sandwich is made with delicious tilapia fish and topped with creamy coleslaw. The fish is dipped in flour and egg, then pan fried, and it makes the tilapia beautifully browned and extra succulent! Add a soft bun to the freshly fried fish and refreshing coleslaw, and enjoy eating this mouthwatering tilapia sandwich!
Eating fish sandwiches is a great way to get more fish into your diet. It’s also perfect for using up leftover fish from last night’s dinner :) Serve this tilapia sandwich with oven-baked fries (I love sweet potato fries) – that’s a perfect combo.
Of course, you are not limited to tilapia with this fish sandwich – you can make it with any kind of fish and it will be yummy! You just can’t go wrong with a pan-fried fish, coleslaw and bread :)
- 1 lb tilapia fish fillets (4 pieces)
- 4 hamburger buns (or 8 slices of bread)
- ½ package coleslaw mix
- ½ cup mayo
- 1 egg
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl.
- Put the flour on a plate.
- Dip each tilapia fillet in egg on both sides, then put on a plate with flour and flip the fish, so the fish is coated with flour on both sides.
- Put the fish on a frying pan. Sprinkle the fish with ¼ tsp salt and ⅛ tsp of pepper.
- Cook the fish for 4 minutes, then flip with a spatula to the other side.
- Sprinkle the fish with another ¼ salt. Cook for 4 more minutes, or until the tilapia is cooked through (flakes easily with a fork).
- While the fish is cooking, make the coleslaw: mix the coleslaw mix with mayo and ¼ tsp salt and ⅛ tsp pepper.
- Put the cooked tilapia fish on a slice of bread, add the coleslaw on top of the fish, and top the sandwich with another slice of bread.
Enjoy this delicious tilapia fish sandwich! It’s easy to make and tastes so good! For another great fish sandwich, check out fish panini recipe.