This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Air fryer whole fish is a great alternative to deep frying. It’s also healthier and easier to make, plus it gives the fish a delicious golden crust! This recipe for cooking a whole fish in the air fryer is perfect for those who are looking for a quick and simple dish that will impress their dinner guests.
Air Fryer Whole Fish
With summer coming full speed ahead, my family and I have been on a huge seafood kick! It’s truly the perfect time to feast on all things seafood, especially fish.
Nothing beats eating the fresh catch of the day!
I normally like to visit the seafood market and pick up a few fillets of fish and have them on hand to cook in different dishes.
- I’ll buy a few fillets of salmon and bake them in the oven with everything but the bagel seasoning.
- Or, I’ll buy some fresh chopped catfish to make fried catfish nuggets!
On my last visit, I picked up a few whole branzinos and decide to try and make them in the air fryer. They turned out amazing!
If you have been looking for a whole fish air fryer recipe, then this post is for you! Today, I’ll be showing you how to air fry the perfect whole fish in your own kitchen.
I know cooking a whole fish can seem intimidating, but it actually only takes about 30 minutes and does not require any oil or butter!
All you need to make this recipe is:
- 2 whole branzino fillets
- Salt and pepper
How To Cook A Whole Fish In The Air Fryer
Spray the air fryer basket with a non-stick cooking spray.
Season the whole fish with salt and pepper (or whatever seasoning you like- I recommend old bay!) all over and also inside the fish cavity.
Place the whole fish in the air fryer.
Cook the whole fish as is in the air fryer at 400F for 25 minutes (or until the internal temperature of the fish is at least 145F).
Serve immediately and enjoy!
- This recipe only makes 2 whole fish at a time.
- If you are not a fan of branzino, consider swapping it out for red snapper or rainbow trout.
What To Serve With Air Fried Branzino
If you need to make a really elevated dinner, consider making this recipe for easy Spanish paella in just 30 minutes. It’s packed full of shrimp, chorizo, and chicken – not to mention, garlicky saffron with a hint of red crushed peppers. So yum!
More Seafood Recipes
If you loved this recipe for air ‘fried’ whole fish, check out some of my other seafood recipes!
These are some other recipes I love to make:
- Air Fryer Seafood Medley
- Oven-Baked Rainbow Trout Fillets
- Baked Shrimp With Garlic And Parmesan
- Instant Pot Octopus
- Air Fryer Breaded Shrimp
- Baked Blackened Tilapia
Air Fryer Whole Fish
- 2 lbs whole fish I used branzino
- Salt and pepper to taste
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Spray the air fryer basket with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Season the whole fish with salt and pepper all over and also inside the fish cavity.
- Put whole fish in the air fryer in a single layer.
- Cook whole fish in the air fryer at 400F for 25 minutes (or until internal temperature of the fish is at least 145F).