This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
So tender and flakey, this healthy Air Fryer Frozen Tilapia is amazing! It’s so delicious and ready in just 10 minutes! It’s the perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner that is not only good for you, but gluten-free and keto friendly too!
Air Fryer Frozen Tilapia
Cooking frozen fish does not have to be complicated! Especially when all you have to do is pop it in the air fryer with a few seasonings and just let it cook. There is no need to defrost the fish, add extra fat, or even watch it cook. It’s so easy and the air fryer cooks the frozen tilapia to flaky perfection every time!
This air fryer fish recipe is the perfect start to a fantastic healthy dinner. Just add a few of your favorite sides and you have a complete meal ready to go in no time that the whole family will love!
How to Air Fry Frozen Tilapia
It is so easy to make air fried frozen tilapia fillets! The air fryer does all the work in just 10 minutes! I used the Kroger brand of frozen tilapia, but you can use any brand you like.
First, spray the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray. Then simply open the package of frozen fish and place the fillets flat inside the air fryer basket. And you probably only want to cook 2 to 3 fillets at a time so you don’t crowd the air fryer. This of course will depend upon their size. Laying the fillets flat is done to ensure the fish is cooked evenly.
Now, just put the basket into the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Then halfway through the cooking time, remove the air fryer basket and sprinkle the tilapia with salt and pepper. Now, turn the fish over and season the other side too. Then put the basket back into the air fryer to finish cooking the fish.
Yet, if after cooking for 10 minutes you find that your fish is still not fully cooked you will need to put it back into the air fryer for a few more minutes. Fully cooked fish will have an internal temperature of at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit when checked with a digital cooking thermometer.
Then when the tilapia is done cooking, remove the fillets from the air fryer and serve them with a wedge of lemon!
How to Store Leftover Fish
Leftover air fryer frozen tilapia will keep in the fridge for about 2 days when covered or put in a container. You can also freeze leftovers for about 2 months when wrapped well in plastic or put in a sealed freezer bag.
How to Reheat Fish
To reheat the leftover tilapia fillets, just put them on a baking sheet in the oven or toaster oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes. You can also put them in the microwave for about 3 minutes on medium power. To reheat frozen cooked tilapia, just place the frozen fillets on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 minutes or until warm.
Can You Use Any Brand of Frozen Tilapia Fillets?
Yes, any brand of frozen tilapia fillets will cook perfectly in the air fryer.
Do You Have To Defrost The Tilapia?
No, the fish does not need to be defrosted. In fact, the fillets must be fully frozen for the fish to air fry properly.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Frozen Tilapia
Healthy air fried tilapia is so good and the perfect start to a quick meal. Just add a few sides and dinner is served in no time! These are some of my favorite dishes to serve with tilapia.
- How To Make Cilantro Lime Rice In The Instant Pot
- Mac N Cheese In The Instant Pot
- Steamed Spinach In The Instant Pot
- Baby Potatoes In The Air Fryer
- How To Saute Broccoli
More Easy Fish Recipes
Fish is such a healthy meal! It’s always so simple to make and good for you too. So if you enjoyed this air fryer frozen tilapia, be sure to check out some of my other amazing fish recipes!
- How To Cook Salmon In The Instant Pot
- Lemon Pepper Baked Fish
- Whole Fish In The Air Fryer
- Fish Tacos With Mango Salsa
- Whole Baked Branzino
Air Fryer Frozen Tilapia
- 2 Frozen Tilapia Fillets
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Black Pepper
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray or brush with vegetable oil. Then place the frozen fish fillets in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Put the basket in the air fryer and cook at 400°F for 10 minutes. Then halfway through the cooking time, remove the air fryer basket and sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper. Now, flip the fish over and season the other side as well with salt and pepper. Then put the basket back into the air fryer to finish cooking the fish. But if after cooking for 10 minutes your fish is still not fully cooked just put it back in the air fryer to cook for a few more minutes. Fully cooked fish will have an internal temperature of at least 145°F.
- When done, transfer the tilapia fillets from the air fryer to your serving dish and enjoy!
- Box Mix Brownies In The Air Fryer
- Chicken Tortilla Soup The Instant Pot
- How To Cook Gnocchi In The Instant Pot
- Bone-In Chicken Breast Cooked In The Air Fryer