This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Did you know you can put bone-in skin-on chicken breast in the air fryer and it will cook it to perfection? Air fried bone-in chicken breasts are so delicious. You will love how easy it is to make in the air fryer too!
Air Fryer Bone-In Chicken Breast
Air fried bone-in chicken breast has a very crispy skin and the inside is so juicy! Imagine biting into these mouthwatering bone-in chicken breasts – delicious!
The air fryer is excellent for cooking bone-in chicken breast if you need dinner on the table and you don’t want to turn on the oven or don’t have more room!
You can cook 1 breast at a time in a single layer unless your instant pot is bigger than mine, in which case you can cook more.
Chicken breast makes a perfect main course for dinner if serving your family or just yourself. Keeping the bone and skin on chicken creates a very moist and tender chicken meat!
Its also perfect for meal prepping ahead of time, that way you won’t have to worry about cooking during the week when you are busy and tired!
How to Prepare Air Fryer Bone-In Chicken Breast
This recipe is quite easy! All you need is a fresh (not frozen) bone-in and skin-on chicken breast and some seasonings.
If you have a frozen one, make sure to take it out and place it in the fridge the night before you want to cook it.
First you will need to season the chicken. You can use the following seasonings, or choose your own. Whatever you prefer!
I used salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Place the chicken on a plate and sprinkle the seasoning on, rubbing it in before flipping over to the other side and doing the same.
Then you will place the chicken breast in the air fryer basket. Set the temperature to 385F for 30 minutes.
Halfway through cooking time, or after 15 minutes, take the basket out of the air fryer and use some tongs to help you flip the chicken over to the other side. This way both sides of the breast will be evenly browned.
Then return the basket to the air fryer and let it finish cooking.
When the cooking time is done, make sure to check the chicken with a meat thermometer. It should be at least 165F internally to ensure it is fully cooked. If not quite done, return to the air fryer for five more minutes until it has reached the right temperature. Some chicken breasts are larger than others so they won’t all cook at the exact same time.
Once done, remove and let cool slightly before serving and enjoy!
What to Serve with Air Fried Bone-In Chicken Breast
Chicken is a very versatile option for dinner! The great thing about it is that there are so many different ways to prepare it and sides to serve with it. Need some ideas? Here are my recommendations below:
- Kale Salad Recipe With Raisins And Sunflower Seeds
- Cubed Sweet Potatoes In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Frozen Vegetables
- Easy Sauteed Zucchini (Healthy Pan-Fried Zucchini Recipe)
- Spicy Garlic Sesame Sauteed Kale
And if you have leftover chicken, you can always make some salads for lunch the next day! Try it with my Greek Chicken Salad In Mason Jars (Meal Prep)
More Air Fryer Recipes
Did you enjoy this recipe for air fried bone-in chicken breast? If you are looking for more recipes to try out in your air fryer, I have plenty to choose from! You can cook all sorts of meat and vegetables in the air fryer. Try out some of the below ideas and let me know if you like them!
- Air Fryer Meatloaf Recipe
- Air Fryer Filet Mignon Steak
- Air Fryer Breaded Mushrooms Recipe
- Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Cutlets Recipe
- Air Fryer Frozen Corn On The Cob
Air Fryer Bone-In Chicken Breast
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- First season the chicken breast with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika to taste, rubbing it in on each side.
- Place the chicken in the air fryer basket. Set temperature to 385F for 30 minutes.
- Halfway through cooking or 15 minutes, take out the basket. Use tongs to flip the chicken over to the other side.
- Return the basket to the air fryer and let it finish cooking.
- When done, use a meat thermometer to check internal temperature of chicken, which should be at least 165F. If not yet there, cook for 5 more minutes to ensure it is done.
- When ready, remove to serving plate and enjoy!
- Boneless skinless chicken breast air fryer
- Chicken wings air fryer
- Boneless chicken thighs air fryer