This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
These EASY Air Fryer Brownies from Boxed Brownie Mix are simply delicious and bake up just as good as the oven would. They are perfectly fudgy and have the flaky top that you look for in a brownie.
This small-batch brownie recipe is a great snack or dessert when you don’t want a bunch of brownies at one time. Are you a brownie lover like me? No need to turn on the oven for this air fryer brownie recipe!
Air Fryer Brownies
The realization that you can eliminate the oven for baking some of your favorite desserts was amazing. No need to heat up the entire kitchen for a quick batch of brownies, or other dishes either. The air fryer gives the same results as the oven for these box brownies.
If you want to make baking that much easier, these air fryer brownies from the mix are great.
How to Make Brownies from Mix in the Air Fryer
For the most delicious fudgy brownie in the air fryer with boxed brownie mix, you’ll only need a few ingredients and a pan that will fit.
I used a springform pan which allowed for easy removal in and out of the air fryer. It also made it simple to take the cookie brown out of the pan and onto a serving dish.
Because we’re not using the entire box of brownies for this air fryer dessert recipe, you can store the remaining dry mix in an air-tight container until ready to make another batch. Who knows, it may be right after you make the first one! They are so delicious and fudgy that it’s hard to resist having more.
Boxed Brownie Mix – You’ll only need 1 ½ cups of brownie mix for this air fryer recipe.
1 large egg
¼ cup of oil
Spray pan with non-stick spray.
Whisk one egg in a bowl. Then whisk in the oil.
Add 1 ½ cups brownie mix from the store-bought brownie box.
Use a spoon or rubber spatula to fold the brownie batter together until just combined.
Pour the brownie batter into the pan and place it into the air fryer.
Set the air fryer to 320 for 20 minutes.
Once finished, remove the basket and let the brownie cool and rest for 15 minutes. This will allow the brownie to firm up and give you that fudgy brownie texture.
When the brownie is cooled, remove the pan. If using a spring form pan you can undo the sides and life the brownie off the bottom onto your serving dish to cut into squares.
If using a regular baking pan then make your cuts in the pan and serve.
- Fudgy goodness – The brownies cook just long enough to set and may look undercooked when removed from the air fryer. This is normal and the brownie will harden after resting.
- Use parchment paper – If you do not have a springform pan and use a regular round baking pan, you can line the pan with parchment paper for easy removal after baking.
- Additions – If you want to make this brownie air fryer recipe extra delicious, when folding in the dry mix from the boxed brownies, fold in some of your favorite additions!
What can I add to the air fryer boxed brownies mix?
- Chocolate chips
- White Chocolate
- Shredded Coconut and Pecans (think German Chocolate Cake)
- Peanut butter – heat for a few seconds and swirl into the batter.
Store the remaining dry mix from the box in an air-tight container.
Air fried brownies can be left covered on the counter for up to 2-3 days. Or refrigerate for up to 3-5 days.
What to serve with Air Fried Chocolate Brownies
These scrumptious fudgy brownies are rich and pair great with a tall glass of cold milk or scoop of your favorite ice cream. You could also enjoy them with a hot drink or tea. They make for a yummy dessert or sweet snack during the day.
- Dolce Latte with Cinnamon
- Hot Mexican Atole Drink
- Pumpkin Spiced Latte
- Tea with Honey and Lemon
- Dairy-free Banana Ice Cream
More Air Fryer Recipes
Using the air fryer makes life simpler. These air fryer recipes are easy and come out perfect. Utilize your air fryer for more recipes, rather it is breakfast, lunch, dinner, or desserts. It’s so versatile and can bring meals to the table quickly with less clean-up than baking.
- Blueberry Muffins Cooked in the Air Fryer
- Air Fried Breaded Mushrooms
- Veggie Burgers from Frozen in the Air Fryer
- Easy Air Fryer Cube Steak
- Simple Air Fried Bread Pudding
Air Fryer Brownies From Boxed Brownie Mix
- 1 1/2 cup brownie mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup oil
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Spray pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg. Then, whisk in oil.
- Gently stir in brownie mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into pan and place pan inside airfryer basket. Place basket back into air fryer.
- Set the tempertature to 320°F and cook for 20 minutes.
- Once done, remove the basket and let brownie rest for 15 minutes to cool and firm. Then remove the pan from the basket, undo the springform pan sides, and use a spatula to remove the brownie from the bottom on to a serving dish.Cut into squares and enjoy!
- Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookies in the Air Fryer
- Apple Turnovers Cooked from Frozen In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Pilsbury Cinnamon Rolls