This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This recipe for cube steak in the air fryer is so simple and quick. If you need a fast dinner, just place cube steaks in the air fryer and it will be perfectly cooked!
If you’ve never heard of cube steak before, you might be missing out! It is an inexpensive yet flavorful cut of beef that has already been tenderized. It is cut from the top or bottom round, near the rump of the cow which can be tough. But, because it is flattened and pre-tenderized, it can be cooked easily, similar to a chicken cutlet.
Since cube steak is easy to find and less expensive than other types of steak, I recommend buying extra and keeping it in the freezer.
To freeze, wrap each piece several times in plastic wrap and then place in a re-sealable freezer bag. When you want to cook the frozen steak, place in the fridge overnight to thaw out.
How to Cook Air Fryer Cube Steak
The air fryer is a great way to cook cube steak! It will be done in minutes and taste delicious!
The first step is to gather your ingredients. For this recipe you will need:
- 3 pieces of fresh or thawed cube steak
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- non-stick cooking oil spray
Now you are ready to start cooking!
Make sure to lightly spray the air fryer basket with the non-stick cooking spray or coat it with some vegetable or olive oil first.
Place your cube steak on a plate and sprinkle on the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. You can feel free to use whatever seasonings you like!
Make sure to coat both sides of the meat with desired seasonings.
Then place the cube steak pieces in the air fryer basket, making sure not to overlap them. I used 3 because that is how many fit perfectly in my air fryer. If you have a bigger air fryer, you can cook more at the same time. Otherwise you will need to cook them in batches.
Then set the temperature of the air fryer to 400F for 8 minutes.
Halfway through cooking, take out the air fryer basket and use a spatula to flip the meat to the other side. This will ensure even browning on both sides of the steak.
Then return the basket to the air fryer and let it finish cooking.
Check the internal temperature of the steak to make sure it is at least 145F before removing.
When done, remove the steaks and place on a plate. Make sure to wait 1-2 minutes before cutting to let the meat rest.
Serve and enjoy!
What to Serve with Air Fried Cube Steak
There are plenty of options to choose from when deciding what to serve with your air fried cube steak! Something saucy such as gravy, mushrooms, and caramelized onions would be delicious!
Or, you could add it to a salad such as my Easy Steak Salad Recipe.
Here are some other suggestions for what to pair with cube steak:
- Air Fryer Biscuits (From A Can)
- Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes Recipe
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you enjoyed this air fryer cube steak recipe, be sure to try out some of my other go-to air fryer recipes! I have plenty of choices for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
- Air Fryer Frozen Breakfast Burritos
- Air Fryer Frozen Calzone
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Frozen Chicken Fried Steak In The Air Fryer
Air Fryer Cube Steak
- 1 lb Cube Steak
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the cube steaks on a plate and season both sides with salt, pepper, onion, and garlic powder.
- Place in the air fryer basket. Set temperature to 400F and time to 8 minutes.
- Halfway through cooking, take out the basket and use a spatula to flip the steaks over to the other side.
- Return the basket to the air fryer and let it finish cooking.
- When done, check the internal temperature to make sure it is at least 145F.
- Then remove to a plate and let the meat rest for 1-2 minutes before cutting.
- Serve and enjoy!