This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Air fryer BBQ chicken wings are moist and so full of BBQ flavor and spice! They are the perfect food to bring to a picnic or a fun game day party. They are even kid-approved! These chicken wings are amazingly quick and easy to make and only require a little prep work before sticking them in the air fryer to cook.
Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
Anyone a big chicken wing fan? So am I!
I love to make chicken wings for all sorts of different events. Everything from birthday parties, game day, and even a family get-together- they are the perfect finger food and you can change up the sauces to offer a variety.
These BBQ chicken wings themselves are a delicious dish that takes so little effort or time to make! Thanks to the homemade BBQ sauce I used, these wings have a saucy and smokey flavor- just like you would get from your local chicken wing place.
They go so well with so many side dishes (or even just on their own) and my whole family loves them. Not to mention, buying wings in bulk and feeding my whole family at home can be very budget-friendly as well.
For nights when the day has just been a handful, you can toss a few batches quickly of these wings in the air fryer with very little prep work or mess.
How To Make Barbecue Chicken Wings In the Air Fryer
To make these air fryer BBQ chicken wings, start by spraying the air fryer basket with a non-stick cooking spray.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper, making sure that they are evenly covered. Then, put them in the basket in a single layer.
Cook the chicken wings at 400F in the fryer for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, brush the tops of the wings with half of the barbecue sauce and cook at 400F for 5 more minutes.
After 5 minutes, flip the wings over and brush them with the remaining barbecue sauce. Cook for another 5 minutes at 400F.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
- If your wings start to dry out, brush them with extra barbecue sauce or add a splash of water.
- For even more flavor, you can add additional spices to the chicken, such as lemon pepper, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, or chili powder.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket or the wings can start to cook unevenly. Trust me- you want that crispiness!
What To Serve With Chicken Wings
These BBQ wings are absolutely delicious and pair very well with a few different kinds of side dishes. I mean- you could always go for the classic chicken wings with french fries or onion rings.
But, for a little something different, I like to serve these wings alongside some fresh homemade potato salad or this delicious spinach strawberry feta salad! They also would go amazingly with this broccoli apple salad or these air-fried Brussel sprouts.
You could also serve these BBQ wings alongside some frozen air-fried vegetables for a healthy side full of veggies!
You could even make an extra-large batch just to eat all on their own because they are just that good!
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you enjoyed this chicken wing recipe, you should try out some other air fryer recipes. They are all fast and easy to make!
- Frozen Chicken Fried Steak in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Breakfast Sausage Links
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Baby Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket Crescent Hot Dogs
Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Spray the air fryer basket with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Season the chicken wings with salt and pepper and put in the air fryer basket.
- Cook chicken wings in the air fryer at 400F for 10 minutes.
- Brush the top side of the chicken wings with half of the bbq sauce. Cook in the air fryer at 400F for 5 minutes.
- Flip the wings over, then brush the top side with remaining bbq sauce. Cook in the air fryer at 400F for another 5 minutes.