This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This Broccoli Apple Salad is a super simple salad to make. With just 7 simple ingredients needed and no cooking or baking required, you’ll have a fresh and flavorful salad that everyone will love.
Broccoli Apple Salad – Healthy No Mayo
Once the weather gets warmer, I love a nice, light salad. But sometimes, I want more taste and flavor than just a bunch of chopped-up lettuce and dressing. This is where I love this simple broccoli salad recipe. It’s packed full of raw ingredients with a wonderful simple dressing.
Tips for Making Broccoli Salad without Mayonnaise
You’ll find this broccoli salad super easy to make as is but there are a few tips to make it even easier.
- Use your food processor to make the steps simple and easy.
- You can vary up the type of apple that you use to change up the flavor. Granny Smith apples are tarter which can be a great contrast.
- If you’re not a fan of raisins, you can swap out for craisins or cranberries instead. (or leave them out altogether)
- The longer you let the flavors marinate in the fridge, the better the flavor will be.
- If you like broccoli, you’re going to love this Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli recipe, too.
If you don’t have a food processor to chop up the broccoli, you can do so by hand. Just be certain that you cut it into small pieces so that it’s full of flavor and taste.
How To Store Leftover Gluten-Free Broccoli Salad with Sunflower Seeds
The leftovers for this broccoli salad side dish only get better with time! This recipe will be fresh and delicious for up to 5 days in the fridge, as long as you store it in a container and add a lid.
Can you freeze broccoli salad?
No, this side salad recipe is best made fresh. While you might be able to freeze it, you just can’t beat that fresh and delicious flavor!
Recipe Tips and Suggestions
- Make certain to try the recipe both ways – with apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar.
- Serve this with Air Fryer Hamburgers for a light and refreshing side dish.
If you love this simple broccoli salad recipe, be certain to check out these other refreshing side dishes:
Broccoli Apple Salad
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Put a shredding disk into a food processor.
- Shred broccoli in the food processor and put in a large salad bowl.
- Shred carrot and apples in the food processor and add to the salad bowl.
- Add raisins and sunflower seeds to the salad bowl.
- In a cup, mix olive oil and vinegar with a fork until combined.
- Pour olive oil and vinegar dressing over the broccoli salad.
- Toss the salad until all ingredients are combined and evenly coated with the dressing.