This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This carrot salad with raisins and apple is so easy to make, healthy and delicious! Made in minutes using a food processor, this salad is a sure crowd pleaser!
This carrot apple raisin salad is going to become your favorite! It is extremely simple and tastes so good!
Bright orange shredded carrots are mixed with the shredded juicy apple, sweet raisins and creamy mayo! This combination of flavors is amazing!
Carrot raisin salad is a true old-fashioned recipe, it’s been around for at least 50 years. A classic American version uses canned pineapple chunks, but my version uses a fresh apple.
So if you are looking for carrot raisin salad without pineapple, this is it! And of course you can use a can pineapple chunks instead of the apple if you prefer.
This easy carrot raisin salad needs just 4 simple everyday ingredients: a bag of baby carrots, an apple, raisins and mayo. You can use regular carrots instead of baby carrots, I’m just lazy and like the fact that you don’t have to peel the baby carrots :) If you use regular carrots, of course you need to peel them first.
How To Make Carrot Raisin Salad With Apple
To make this simple salad, you need a food processor fitted with a round shredding disk. Don’t use the regular steel blade, or your carrots will turn into mush. We need to make shredded carrots, not baby food :)
Peel the apple and slice into slices. Shred the baby carrots and apple slices in the food processor.
Put shredded carrots and apple in a bowl, add raisins and mayo and stir until combined. The carrot apple raisin salad is ready!
Carrot Raisin Salad Variations
Here are some creative variations on this easy carrot salad:
- Use pineapple chunks instead of the apple
- Use sour cream instead of mayo
- Make a dressing with half sour cream and half mayo
- Use plain yogurt instead of mayo
- Use vanilla yogurt instead of mayo
- Add walnuts to the salad
- Add sugar if you like it extra sweet
Other Old-Fashioned Recipes
If you like this old-fashioned carrot raisin salad, you will also love these classic recipes on my site:
- Porcupine Meatballs – made with ground beef and rice, with rice sticking out of the meatballs like porcupine needles :)
- Mushroom Rice – what a filling and delicious easy side dish!
- Macaroni Salad – perfect for picnics and potlucks, everyone loves this macaroni salad!
- Canned Salmon Fishcakes – make these yummy fishcakes with the stuff you already have in your pantry and fridge!
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies – so soft and chewy, this is the only oatmeal raisin cookie recipe you’ll ever need!
Carrot Apple Raisin Salad
- 1 lb baby carrots or peeled regular carrots
- 1 apple
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup mayo
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Peel the apple and cut into slices. Discard the core.
- Insert the shredder disk into a food processor. Shred the carrots and apple slices in a food processor.
- Put shredded carrots and apple into a bowl. Add raisins and mayo, and mix with a spoon until combined.