This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This imitation crab and corn salad is a break from the ordinary! It’s perfect all year long and the ingredients are easy to find.
Imitation Crab And Canned Corn Salad Recipe
You know that feeling when you discover a new recipe that you can’t wait to make again? That’s this recipe! This imitation crab salad is out of this world!
All you need to make it are some imitation crab sticks, a can of corn, some chopped onion, and mayo! In fact, this crab salad is so easy to make that it will become a regular in your salad rotation.
If you don’t like imitation crab, you can still make a really easy mayo-based salad like my egg salad with bacon (talk about scrumptious!).
How about something low-carb? This cauliflower “potato” salad is incredible.
How To Make Crab and Corn Salad
It is literally as easy as mixing everything together. Here’s how to make this delicious salad.
The very first step is to open the can of corn and drain and discard the liquid. Believe me, you don’t want the liquid in the salad. Then, put the corn in a medium-sized salad bowl.
Next, chop the imitation crab into bite-sized pieces. Add the crab to the salad bowl with the corn.
Finely chop the onion and add to the salad bowl. If you want to skip chopping fresh onion, you can buy pre-chopped onion at the grocery store. I also just use my food processer to chop my onions – talk about easy!
Add mayo to the crab salad and mix until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Store this salad in your refrigerator in a sealed container. It will last about a week in the fridge.
Tip: This is a really great recipe if you like to meal prep.
Salad Cooking Tips
- Use your favorite mayo. Both mayo and miracle whip will taste amazing in this recipe.
- Fresh corn kernels are perfect in this salad. If you recently made corn on the cob, cut the kernels off and put them in the salad.
- Add chopped jalapeno for a little spice! You can also sprinkle in some cayenne pepper and paprika for more kick too.
What To Serve With Corn Salad
This salad is a really light side dish that can feed a crowd. Serve it at your next cookout with some garlic salmon and veggies in a foil packet on the grill.
Another delicious main dish that pairs perfectly with this seafood salad is some marinated chicken kabobs. They come out juicy and are perfect for BBQs and get-togethers.
More Salad Recipes
If you loved this imitation crab and canned corn salad, then you will love these salad recipes too.
These are some of my go-to’s:
- Shrimp Egg Avocado Salad
- Carrot Apple Raisin Salad
- Parmesan Pea Salad With Cherry Tomatoes
- Roasted Eggplant and Tomato Salad
- Cowboy Caviar Salad
Imitation Crab And Canned Corn Salad
- 8 oz imitation crab
- 15 oz canned corn
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 cup mayo
- salt and pepper to taste
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Open the can of corn and drain and discard the liquid. Put corn in a salad bowl.
- Chop the imitation crab into pieces. Add to the salad bowl with corn.
- Finely chop the onion and add to the salad bowl.
- Add mayo to the crab salad and mix until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.