This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
I don’t know anybody who doesn’t love chocolate truffles. Chocolate truffles are the richest, most intense chocolate candies ever! Chocolate truffles just melt in your mouth, leaving your mouth with a lingering smooth chocolate taste all over.
Did you know that you can make chocolate truffles yourself at home very easily? Homemade chocolate truffles recipe only uses two ingredients – chocolate and heavy cream! All you need to do to make chocolate truffles is to melt the chocolate and cream together, then cool down the mixture in the freezer and roll the truffle balls with your hands. Would you ever think how easy it is?
Now you know the secret of how to make chocolate truffles and the fact that it’s super easy 2-ingredient recipe, but 99.9% of other people don’t know that :) That means that when you make chocolate truffles using this easy recipe, everyone will be so impressed and this that you are a star chef!
- 16 oz dark chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp coffee liquor (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped nuts (optional)
- Break up chocolate into small pieces.
- Heat the cream just to the point of simmering. Watch it the whole time, since boiling cream can overflow the pot! Remove from heat right away once it starts to simmer.
- Stir in the chocolate and liquor (if using), and keep stirring until the chocolate has melted completely. If using chopped nuts, stir them in now.
- Let the mixture cool, then put in the refrigerator.
- Check the consistency of the truffle mixture after 2 hours in the refrigerator. You should be able to roll balls from it. If it’s too soft (impossible to roll balls), put it back in the refrigerator and check again after 30 minutes.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Once the truffle mixture is the right consistency, use a spoon to put some of it on your hands, roll into balls and put the balls on the parchment paper.
- Put the baking sheet with homemade chocolate truffles in the freezer for 30 minutes. After you remove them from the freezer, put on a plate and enjoy! Store the homemade chocolate truffles in the refrigerator.
If you like truffles, you will love the chocolate truffle cake! It’s so gorgeous and so yummy! The chocolate truffle cake has layers of chocolate cake with chocolate cream, chocolate crumb sprinkles and homemade chocolate truffles on top. Check out my recipe how to make a chocolate truffle cake.