This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Healthy truffles? No kidding! Cocoa + coconut, naturally sweetened with dates – it’s like a miracle! They taste AMAZING!
“Healthy truffles” is not an oxymoron! If you think of the truffles as purely fatty and sugary concoctions, think again! With a little creativity, you can make extremely healthy truffles that still taste great! These coconut date truffles have moist texture on the inside, coconut crunch on the outside and deep naturally sweet flavor throughout!
These amazing healthy truffle balls are seriously addictive! You can have them for dessert or you can have them as a power snack – these coconut date truffles are super nutritious! They are made with all natural raw ingredients that are full of vitamins and anti-oxidants – dates, unsweetened coconut flakes and cocoa powder. Yes, just 3 simple all-natural ingredients – well, actually 4 ingredients if you count water :) What a perfectly delicious combination for clean healthy eating!
Coconut date truffles are extremely easy to make. No cooking or baking is needed! All you need is a food processor. Just put ingredients in a food processor, process until smooth, then roll into balls and dip in coconut flakes. Can’t get easier than that!
Since you don’t have to bake these truffles, all the nutrients are actually preserved. Raw food is always best for you! These coconut date truffle energy balls are raw, gluten-free, free of added sugar and vegan. They taste amazing and look great too!
You can even turn these healthy truffles into a homemade gift for your health-conscious friends! Just put the coconut date balls in a small plastic gift bag, tie it with a ribbon and off you go! Your friends will absolutely love it! Sharing is caring :)
Coconut Date Truffles Energy Balls
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp water
- Put dates, water, cocoa powder and 1/2 cup of coconut flakes in a food processor fitted with the steel blade (reserve the remaining 1/2 cup of coconut flakes for coating the truffles).
- Process for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the food processor. Process for 4 more minutes, or until the mixture forms into a ball. If it hasn't formed into ball or turned into a smooth paste, add more water 1 tbsp at a time and process some more until it does.
- Put the remaining 1/2 cup of coconut flakes on a large plate.
- Line another large plate with parchment paper.
- Take 1 tbsp of date mixture from the food processor and roll with your hands into a ball. Put the ball on a plate with coconut flakes, and roll, pressing slightly, so it's coated with coconut flakes all over. Put the truffle on parchment paper. Repeat with remaining date mixture.