This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
In less than 10 minutes, you can have the most incredible air fryer shrimp to serve! They turned out so plump and tender- it’s hard to believe they were cooked in the air fryer. The best part is you can make this straight from frozen shrimp – no thawing needed!
Air Fryer Frozen Shrimp
I always have a bag of frozen shrimp in my freezer in case I need to make a quick and healthy dinner.
…and it turned out so yummy!
The shrimp had a slightly caramelized, crisp exterior and yet were extremely tender and juicy all at the same time. I was super impressed!
For this recipe, I really didn’t season the shrimp but there are a ton of delicious flavor combos you can try out. These are some of my favorites:
- Garlic Parmesan– Add a little bit of chopped garlic, parmesan and Italian seasoning for a burst of flavor.
- Spicy Mexican- With just a couple of dashes of chili and cumin powder, you can make the perfect shrimp tacos! Oh and also don’t forget to check out my recipe for Mexican shrimp ceviche – you’ll love it!
- Lemon Pepper- Use a couple of fresh lemons and cracked black pepper to add some bright flavors.
How To Cook Frozen Shrimp In The Air Fryer
Place the frozen shrimp into the air fryer basket.
Cook the shrimp at 400F. The cook time varies and depends on what kind of shrimp you have.
- Cook for 5 minutes if the shrimp is labeled as frozen cooked shrimp.
- Cook for 10 minutes if it’s frozen raw shrimp.
Make sure to shake the basket halfway through!
- For this air fryer recipe, you do not need to defrost the shrimp before you start cooking them. You can just pull them straight from the freezer and pour them out of the bag into the air fryer basket!
- You can make this recipe with fresh shrimp but you will need to adjust the time and temperature to be shortened. It might overcook and dry out the shrimp if you leave them in there for too long.
- When buying a bag of frozen shrimp, make sure to double-check the bag. You can buy cooked or uncooked frozen and with or without the tail. The choice is up to you!
What to Serve With Air Fryer Shrimp
After I ate my dinner, it occurred to me to put both the shrimp and the roasted bell peppers in a corn tortilla to make some quick shrimp fajitas.
Definitely making that next time!
You can also add them to this creamy garlic sauce and serve it with a side of linguini or zoodles if you are trying to keep everything low carb!
More Healthy Air Fryer Recipes
If you loved this scrumptious ‘fried’ frozen shrimp recipe, check out some of my other air fryer recipes!
These are my favorite main dish recipes:
Air Fryer Frozen Shrimp
- 1 lb frozen shrimp
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Put frozen shrimp in the air fryer basket (no need to defrost!)
- Cook at 400F for 5 minutes (if the shrimp is labeled as frozen cooked shrimp) or for 10 minutes (if it's frozen raw shrimp), shaking the basket halfways through.