These sweet potato muffins are healthy and delicious, and they have great texture that rivals any bakery muffins! They are moist and tender, and they smell so good – freshly baked muffins with cinnamon make your whole house smell so delicious!
I made these muffins when I had some leftover roasted sweet potatoes. I was thinking – how can I use up those sweet potatoes? And then I thought maybe they’ll be good in muffins :) So I made sweet potato muffins, and everybody loved them. This recipe is a keeper!
Sweet potato muffins are made with mashed sweet potatoes. What I did was mashed the roasted sweet potato pieces with a fork. You can also easily make mashed sweet potatoes by cooking a sweet potato in a microwave for 5 minutes, and then cutting it in half, scooping out the flesh with a spoon and mashing it in a bowl with a fork.
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp baking power
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup apple sauce
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- In one bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, mix the egg, sugar, oil, apple sauce and sweet potatoes.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Line the muffin tin (12 cups) with paper baking cups.
- Put the muffin mixture in the muffin cups.
- Put the sweet potato muffins in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
Here’s the picture of these delicious sweet potato muffins on a plate:
Enjoy these yummy sweet potato muffins for breakfast or for snack – yum! Also check out my blueberry muffins recipe – it’s really yummy too!