This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
These sweet potato muffins are healthy and delicious, and they have great texture that rivals any bakery muffins! They are moist and tender, and they smell so good – freshly baked muffins with cinnamon make your whole house smell so delicious!
I made these muffins when I had some leftover roasted sweet potatoes. I was thinking – how can I use up those sweet potatoes? And then I thought maybe they’ll be good in muffins :) So I made sweet potato muffins, and everybody loved them. This recipe is a keeper!
Sweet potato muffins are made with mashed sweet potatoes. What I did was mashed the roasted sweet potato pieces with a fork. You can also easily make mashed sweet potatoes by cooking a sweet potato in a microwave for 5 minutes, and then cutting it in half, scooping out the flesh with a spoon and mashing it in a bowl with a fork.
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp baking power
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup apple sauce
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- In one bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, mix the egg, sugar, oil, apple sauce and sweet potatoes.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Line the muffin tin (12 cups) with paper baking cups.
- Put the muffin mixture in the muffin cups.
- Put the sweet potato muffins in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
Here’s the picture of these delicious sweet potato muffins on a plate:
Enjoy these yummy sweet potato muffins for breakfast or for snack – yum!