This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
These Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes are absolutely delicious! The insides are stuffed with fork smashed potatoes mixed together with rich butter, creamy sour cream, bacon bits, and cheddar. It’s a super easy recipe that makes a yummy filling lunch or a fantastic side with any main dish!
Twice Baked Potatoes In The Air Fryer
Who doesn’t love twice baked potatoes?!? Yet, let’s face it! They can be a pain to make. But not in the air fryer! And if you’ve already tried my Air Fryer Baked Potatoes then you know that the air fryer bakes them perfectly every time. So it wasn’t a stretch to take that amazing recipe and make air fryer twice baked potatoes.
This simple recipe is so tasty and super easy to make. All you have to do is bake a couple of potatoes in the air fryer, make the mashed potato filling, and then pop them back in the air fryer for the second bake. Twice baked potatoes have never been so easy to make!
Another bonus of this recipe is that because you don’t need to turn your oven on, you can use it to make an easy main dish like Baked Greek Lemon Chicken Thighs or Baked Shrimp with Garlic and Parmesan to go with the delicious air fryer twice baked potatoes!
How to Make Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes
This recipe only requires a few easy to find ingredients and an air fryer. This is what you will need:
- Russet Potatoes
- Sour Cream
- Bacon Bits
- Cheddar Cheese
- Black Pepper
Before you begin, wash the potatoes. Then pierce each potato a few times with a fork so the air can escape. You need to do this so the potatoes don’t explode while cooking in the air fryer.
Then place the potatoes in a single layer in the basket of the air fryer and cook them for 40 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. You can also bake the potatoes in the microwave if you prefer or want to speed up the baking time.
Once the potatoes are baked, remove them from the air fryer. Then cut them in half, scoop out the insides, and put the flesh into a large bowl. Yet, while removing the insides of the potatoes you want to make sure to leave the skins fully intact. Next, add the butter, sour cream, bacon bits, and cheese along with some salt and pepper to the potato in the bowl. Then mash everything together with a fork until it’s well combined.
Now, divide the mashed potato mixture into 4 and scoop it back into the potato skin shells to stuff. Then put the stuffed potatoes into the air fryer basket in a single layer. Finally, bake them for another 8 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
When done, remove the air fryer twice baked potatoes from the basket and enjoy!
How to Store and Reheat Air Fried Twice Baked Potatoes
Make Ahead Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes
What to Serve with Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes
You can serve these stuffed potatoes as a meal on their own with a salad or serve them alongside a main dish for dinner. The options are endless and potatoes go with everything! Here are a few of my favorites.
- Kale Salad With Sunflower Seeds And Raisins
- Chicken Breaded With Almond Flour
- Steak Bites In The Air Fryer
- Homemade Meatloaf in the Air Fryer
- Shrimp Salad With Avocado And Egg
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air frying is an easy way to cook that is both quick and better for you! It’s incredible how many different dishes you can make using an air fryer. And I have loads of amazing recipes to pick from!
- Bacon And Egg Toast In The Air Fryer
- Air Fried Artichokes
- Air Fryer Frozen Fried Pickles
- Frozen Tilapia In The Air Fryer
- Frozen Cream Cheese Wontons In The Air Fryer
Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Pierce each potato a few times with a fork. This allows the steam to escape so that potatoes don't explode. Then put the potatoes in the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook them in the air fryer at 400°F for 40 minutes. You can also bake the potatoes in the microwave if you are short on time.
- When the potatoes are done cooking, remove them from the air fryer. Then cut them in half and scoop the insides out into a large bowl leaving the skins intact.
- Add the butter, sour cream, bacon bits, and cheese along with some salt and pepper to taste to the potato flesh in the bowl. Now, using a fork mash the potato flesh together with the other ingredients until well combined.
- Divide the potato mixture into 4 even portions and then spoon it back into the empty potato skin shells.
- Put the stuffed potatoes into the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook them in the air fryer at 400°F for 8 minutes.
- When done, remove the twice baked potatoes from the air fryer and serve immediately.
- Double Baked Potatoes In The Instant Pot
- How To Make Mashed Potatoes In The Instant Pot
- Roasted Potatoes In Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Crispy Potato Fries
- Sweet Potatoes In Air Fryer