This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
These s’mores cupcakes are amazing! They have all components of a s’more: graham cracker crust, chocolate cupcake and marshmallow frosting!
These s’mores chocolate cupcakes are so addictive, you’ll want to devour the whole batch! It’s like a s’more in a cupcake form – so delicious!
On the bottom of this epic chocolate cupcake is a delicious graham cracker crust, and on top there is a homemade marshmallow buttercream frosting! Yummy yummy yummy!
The number of ingredients for this recipe is longer than my typical recipe, but these s’mores cupcakes are so worth it! The reason why the ingredient list is long is because there are 3 distinct parts of the recipe that you are making: (1) graham crust (2) chocolate cupcake (3) marshmallow buttercream frosting.
The s’mores cupcakes recipe is broken down into logical steps that are easy to follow! Just follow the instructions to make each component of these yummy cupcakes, then frost them with marshmallow buttercream – so yummy! You can add a marshmallow on top of each cupcake like I did for a finishing touch :)
If you like these s’mores cupcakes, you will also love these yummy desserts:
S’Mores In A Mini Muffin Tin – this stuff is amazing! Graham cracker crust on the bottom, toasted marshmallow on top and melted chocolate on the inside!
Easy Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes – these easy individual lava cakes are made in a muffin tin! The muffin pan surely gets a lot of use in my house :)
Marshmallow Pancakes – these amazing pancakes have mini-marshmallows and white chocolate chips throughout!
Chocolate Puff Pastry Roll – roll up a huge chocolate bar inside the puff pastry dough and bake!
Chocolate Eclairs With Cream Filling – these are amazing, taste like the ones from a French bakery!
- ¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 5 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup hot water
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 container (7 oz) Marshmallow fluff
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line muffin or cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter.
- Divide the mixture between the paper liners and press with your fingers into the bottom.
- Put the muffin pan in the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Put the butter and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted. Stir to combine.
- Put eggs, sugar and milk in a large bowl and mix with a mixer until combined. Add melted chocolate and butter and mix until combined.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix until combined.
- Add the hot water and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the muffin cups on top of the graham crust.
- Put the cupcakes in the oven and bake for 17 minutes.
- Put butter, marshmallow fluff and vanilla in a bowl and mix until combined..
- Add the powdered sugar and mix until the frosting is smooth.
- When the cupcakes are completely cooled, put the marshmallow buttercream frosting into a piping bag and frost the cupcakes.