This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
What happens when you wrap a chocolate bar inside the puff pastry sheet and bake it? Epic chocolate puff pastry roll!
Gooey melted chocolate on the inside, crispy flaky crust on the outside – you surely need this chocolate roll in your life right now! Making this chocolate roll is so easy, it’s almost like a joke :) A jumbo chocolate bar makes an instant filling and packaged frozen puff pastry dough makes an instant crust! Now you are going to ask yourself – “why didn’t I think of that”?
This amazing chocolate puff pastry roll tastes similar to a chocolate croissant. It’s like a chocolate croissant in a log form! You won’t believe how amazing your house will smell while it’s baking and how epic the melted chocolate will taste with the hot freshly baked flaky golden-brown dough! Don’t burn your tongue on a hot melted chocolate! Wait as patiently as you can till it’s safe enough to eat! Yummmmmmmm!
Puff pastry packages usually come with two sheets of puff pastry dough. Here’s your excuse to make 2 chocolate rolls instead of one! Just remember to thaw the puff pastry dough before using, so it’s pliable enough to wrap around the chocolate. You can either thaw the puff pastry dough in a refrigerator overnight, or for 30 minutes on the counter at room temperature. For another easy dessert using frozen puff pastry dough, check out my puff pastry apple strudel.
How To Make Chocolate Roll With Puff Pastry Dough
Step 1: Put a large chocolate bar on top of thawed unfolded sheet of puff pastry dough.
Step 2: Wrap puff pastry dough around the chocolate.
Step 3: Flip the roll over, so the seam side is down.
Step 4: Brush with egg.
Step 5: Cut the slits in the dough on top.
Step 6: Bake at 400F for 20 minutes.
Slice this yummy chocolate puff pastry roll and enjoy! It disappears in seconds!
- 1 sheet frozen Puff Pastry dough, fully thawed
- 1 extra-large chocolate bar
- 1 egg, whisked with fork
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Completely unfold the puff pastry sheet.
- Put the chocolate bar in the middle of the puff pastry sheet.
- Put the sides of the puff pastry sheet over the chocolate bar and pinch to seal, so the chocolate is completely sealed inside the puff pastry.
- Flip the puff pastry roll and put in on the baking sheet, seam side down.
- Brush the puff pastry roll with whisked egg.
- Using a knife, cut several slits on top of the puff pastry roll.
- Put the puff pastry chocolate roll in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.