Easy Apple Strudel Recipe Made With Frozen Puff Pastry Dough
This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Anyone can make this super-easy apple strudel from frozen puff pastry dough! It’s like an apple pie in a log shape :) Delicious apples with brown sugar and cinnamon inside the flaky tender crust – nobody can resist this mouthwatering apple roll!
This apple strudel is the easiest apple dessert ever! It is using frozen puff pastry dough for the crust, so all you need to do is defrost the dough for 30 minutes at room temperature and the apple strudel is ready to be assembled. While the dough is thawing, make the apple filling. To make this finger-lickin’ apple filling, apple slices are cooked in butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until they are tender and caramelized – mmmm! Make sure you don’t eat all the filling before it makes its way into the studel :)
Place the apple slices on top of the puff pastry sheet and roll this puppy into a log. Pinch the seams closed, brush with the egg wash, sprinkle with sugar, cut the slits on top and bake. Your house will smell absolutely amazing!
There is always something magical about the smell of cooked apples with cinnamon. It’s so cozy, it just makes you feel at peace. If you love apple desserts as much as I do, check out my best ever apple pie recipe – I just can’t get enough of either the apple pie or the apple strudel :)
These amazing buttered cinnamon apples are so good inside the flaky puff pastry crust. So soft and tender, this apple strudel just melts in your mouth and disappears in seconds after it’s sliced.
How To Make Apple Strudel From Puff Pastry Dough
Step 1: Make The Apple Filling
Cook the apple slices with butter, brown sugar and cinnamon for 5 minutes in a frying pan.
Step 2: Put Defrosted Puff Pastry Dough Sheet On The Counter
Step 3: Roll The Puff Pastry Dough To 13×10 Inches Rectangle
Step 4: Put Apple Filling On The Puff Pastry Dough
Leave the sides on the dough uncovered as shown on the picture below.
Step 5: Shape The Dough Into A Roll
Lift the puff pastry dough sides and overlap to close.
Pinch all the dough seams together to close them.
Step 6: Flip The Roll And Put On Baking Sheet (Seam Side Down)
Step 7: Brush Apple Strudel With Whisked Egg
Step 8: Sprinkle Apple Strudel With Sugar
Step 9: Cut The Slits On Top Of Apple Strudel
Step 10: Bake Apple Strudel At 400F For 20 Minutes
Enjoy the deliciousness! Apple strudel can be served both warm and cold – no matter how you serve it, it’s amazing!
Easy Apple Strudel Made With Puff Pastry Dough
- 1 sheet frozen Puff Pastry dough thawed
- 3 apples peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface and roll out to a rectangle of 13x10 inches.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan. Add the apple slices, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cook, stirring every minute, for 5 minutes.
- Put the apple filling in the center on top of the dough rectangle, leaving 2 inches of uncovered dough on the sides and 1 inch on top and bottom.
- Lift the dough on the sides over the apples to make a roll. Pinch all the seams of the apple roll to seal.
- Carefully lift the apple roll, flip it so the seam is down and transfer it to the baking sheet.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl. Brush the apple strudel with the egg.
- Sprinkle the apple strudel with white sugar.
- Cut several slits in the apple strudel top to allow steam to escape.
- Put the apple strudel in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
My friends dislike raisins, so I tried it with dried cranberries and apples, following the rest of the recipe, it was amazing! Thanks!