This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
These yummy Cake Mix Muffins In The Air Fryer bake up perfectly moist and tender in just 25 minutes! They are the ideal solution for when you are short on time but need to make a quick sweet treat that is both easy and delicious!
Air Fryer Cake Mix Muffins
Did you know that you can use box cake mix to make muffins and bake them in the air fryer!?! Well, you can! The process is super easy and the results are amazing. The air fryer cooks the cake mix to perfection every time creating muffins that are moist and tender. And there is no risk of overbaking!
Just like my Air Fryer Yellow Cake From Box Mix all you need is a box of cake mix, a few basic pantry ingredients, and some silicone baking cups. For this recipe, silicone baking cups are necessary, yet they are easy to find and really handy. If you haven’t already, once you give them a try you won’t ever want to go back to paper liners ever again.
Also, these cake mix muffins in the air fryer are really versatile too. You can serve them as is with a cup of coffee or dress them up with some frosting or glaze! You can also toss some chocolate chips, dried fruit, or nuts into the batter before baking. The recipe is really flexible.
How to Make Air Fryer Cake Mix Muffins
Making muffins from a boxed cake mix is easy! It’s a one-bowl recipe using basic ingredients that requires almost no effort. You only need a portion of the cake mix. I have scaled the recipe down to make just the right portion of batter to fit the air fryer. This is what you will need:
- 1 1/4 Cups Boxed Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
Also, you will need silicone muffin cups. So before you begin the recipe make sure that you have 6 of them. Then place the muffin cups into the air fryer basket. Next, spray the insides of them with nonstick cooking spray to ensure that the muffins do not stick to the cups.
Now, add the egg to a large bowl and whisk. Then add the water and oil and whisk it all together. Finally, add the measured-out boxed cake mix and stir everything together with a spoon until the batter is well combined.
How to Store Cake Mix Muffins In The Air Fryer
These air fryer muffins will keep at room temperature for up to 4 days when kept in a container or covered. You can also store them in an airtight container or sealed bag in the freezer for up to 3 months. Just be sure that they are completely cool before putting them in a container or bag to prevent condensation, which will cause the muffins to get mushy.
Can You Use Any Brand of Cake Mix?
Yes! You can use any boxed yellow cake mix for this recipe. You can even use other flavors if you like such as chocolate, white, or red velvet. The most important thing is just to follow the recipe below and only use 1 1/4 cups of the boxed mix. That will ensure that you make the correct amount of batter for the air fryer and your muffins will come out perfect.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Cake Mix Muffins
These cake mix muffins in the air fryer are amazing just freshly baked on their own. Yet, you can also top them with some frosting or serve them alongside some ice cream to jazz them up! For a little inspiration here are some of my favorites to pair with them.
- Vanilla Whipped Cream Frosting
- Chocolate Banana Dairy-Free Ice Cream
- Chocolate Frosting Made From Chocolate Chips
- Apples Baked In The Microwave
- Sugar-Free Keto Whipped Cream
- Soft Serve Dairy-Free Banana Ice Cream
More Air Fryer Dessert Recipes
Making desserts in the air fryer is fun! Not to mention easy too and there are so many to choose from to satisfy your sweet tooth. Here are a few of my best air fryer dessert recipes.
- Air Fryer Frozen Apple Turnovers
- Air Fryer Chocolate Muffins Made With Boxed Brownie Mix
- Box Mix Air Fryer Chocolate Brownie Muffins
- S’mores In The Air Fryer
- Canned Cinnamon Rolls In The Air Fryer
- Air Fried Bananas
Cake Mix Muffins In The Air Fryer
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Silicone muffin cups
- Place the silicone muffin cups in the air fryer basket. Then spray the inside of the cups with nonstick cooking spray to keep the muffins from sticking.
- Add one egg to a large bowl and whisk. Then add the water and vegetable oil and whisk again. Now, add the box cake mix and stir with a spoon until combined.
- Spoon the batter evenly among the 6 muffin cups in the air fryer basket.
- Place the air fryer basket into the air fryer. Then set the temperature to 300°F and cook the muffins for 20 minutes.
- When done, remove them from the air fryer and enjoy. You can also let them cool to room temperature and then top with your favorite frosting!
- How to Toast English Muffins In The Air Fryer
- Air Fried Turkey Wings
- Country Style Boneless Pork Ribs In The Instant Pot
- Yellow Cake Recipe From Scratch