Instant Pot Orange Marmalade
This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Never buy a store-bought jam again! Instead, make this homemade Instant Pot orange marmalade with only 3 ingredients. All you need are organic thin-skinned oranges or mandarines, sugar, and water. That’s it!
Healthy Instant Pot Orange Marmalade
I am now ready to share my Instant Pot orange marmalade recipe with all of you!
This marmalade is the perfect recipe to make in bulk and store to eat throughout the year or give as a gift.
I’m so excited about this orange marmalade… let’s get to it!
How To Make Orange Marmalade In The Instant Pot
Before you start anything, make sure to wash the oranges thoroughly before you cut them into even quarters.
Place the oranges into the food processor and pulse them all together until they are grated. If you could use a new food processor, click here for the food processor model I recommend.
You want to make sure that pieces of the orange skin are still visible. Do not overprocess and turn the oranges into a puree.
Add the water and grated oranges into the Instant Pot. Close the lid and turn the valve to a “sealing” position. Press the “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” button and set the time to 10 minutes on HIGH pressure.
When the Instant Pot is done cooking, quick release (QR) the steam carefully.
Note: Be careful when doing this step. The steam comes out very hot and quick and can easily burn you. Make sure to wait until all the steam is out before removing the lid.
Press the “Cancel” button to reset the Instant Pot. Then, press the “Saute” button.
Slowly add in the sugar to the Instant Pot and stir the sugar into the mixture of oranges to combine.
Cook everything together on the “Saute” setting, stirring frequently for about 20 minutes or until the orange marmalade is set.
You want to cook it just enough until enough of the water evaporates and the orange marmalade thickens to the desired consistency.
- If you have a candy thermometer, you will know the orange marmalade is ready when the temperature reaches 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Not into oranges? Try this Instant Pot pineapple jam!
How To Correctly Store Orange Marmalade
Depending on how big of a batch you decide to make, you might have too much marmalade on your hands and you are probably wondering how you save this so it doesn’t go to waste.
I got you covered!
After the orange marmalade is done cooking and has cooled down enough, you can go through the process of canning to be able to stock all of these jars safely and correctly.
After you have sanitized and followed the correct process of canning, you can store the jars of marmalade in a dark cool area and keep it stored up to a year. Once you have opened a jar of this delicious sweet orange marmalade, store in the refrigerator up to a month!
More Instant Pot Recipes
If you loved this sweet orange marmalade in the Instant Pot, check out some of the other Instant Pot recipes I have shared on the blog!
These are some of my current go-to’s:
Instant Pot Orange Marmalade
- 1 lb organic thin-skinned oranges or mandarines
- 2 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Wash the oranges well, then cut into quarters.
- Put the oranges in the food processor and pulse until grated (but pieces of skin still visible, do not overprocess into a puree).
- Put water and grated oranges in the Instant Pot. Close the lid and turn the valve to a Sealing position. Press the "Pressure Cook" or "Manual" button and set the time to 10 minutes on High pressure.
- When the Instant Pot is done cooking, quick release (QR) the steam.
- Press the "Cancel" button on the Instant Pot, then press "Saute" button.
- Add sugar to the Instant Pot, stir to combine and cook on Saute setting, stirring frequently, for about 20 minutes, or until enough water evaporates and marmalade thickens to a desired consistency.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!