This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Looking for a healthy way to add more greens into your diet? This Instant Pot Kale recipe makes perfectly cooked kale every single time!
Kale is everywhere. Maybe you have seen articles about how healthy it is on Facebook. Perhaps you have heard a friend refer to it as a “superfood” or seen it on the front of a magazine when you’re picking up your groceries. Or maybe you tried kale chips. There is a good reason everyone is talking about kale. It is full of nutrients! This recipe for Instant Pot Kale is easy to make, high in fiber, gluten-free, and totally delicious. Anything this easy and delicious that is good for you is a must-try!
Are you a vegetarian or vegan? Are you following a gluten-free, keto, low-carb, or paleo diet? If you answered yes to any of these dietary needs, this recipe is for you. Seriously. It hits all of these diets! It is hard to believe that one recipe can really meet all of those diverse needs. That is something to love about this Instant Pot Kale – if you are preparing a meal for a group with a variety of dietary needs, this recipe is a great option.
This kale recipe uses an Instant Pot, another reason to cheer. This kale is flavored with olive oil, fresh garlic and red pepper flakes, making it super addictive! Cook kale in the Instant Pot, then add the flavorings and you’ve got a winning recipe! Of course, you can swap the spices to whichever ones you like – once kale is cooked in the Instant Pot to tender perfection, season it as you wish!
With your Instant Pot, your kale will come out tender and delicious every single time. It is ready in minutes, too! To make this delicious dish, you’ll start by washing and chopping your kale. Make sure to discard the stems. Once you have put your kale and water into the Instant Pot and sealed the lid, you’ll press the “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” button. Set your timer to three minutes. When your time goes off, quick release the steam and drain the kale. Return it to the instant pot and press the “Saute” button. Add olive oil, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes to your kale. After mixing your ingredients, continue to cook, stirring every ten seconds. Keep at it until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Finish by salting to taste and your Instant Pot Kale is ready to enjoy.
This Instant Pot Kale makes a great addition to any meal. I love enjoying it with some perfectly cooked steak or chicken. It so delicious and flavorful you’ll forget it is healthy! This recipe is proof that a healthy side dish doesn’t have to be flavorless or bitter. This Instant Pot Kale is delicious and full of flavor, simply incredible!
If you like Instant Pot kale, you will also love these easy healthy Instant Pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Broccoli – perfectly steamed broccoli made in your Instant Pot!
- Instant Pot Quinoa – Instant Pot is great for cooking quinoa! In fact, you can throw in quinoa and kale in the Instant pot at once and cook them together!
- Instant Pot Lentils and Brown Rice – economical, yummy and healthy vegan main dish, just dump into Instant Pot and press the button!
- Instant Pot Collard Greens – if you can cook kale in the Instant Pot, you can cook collard greens too!
- Instant Pot Baked Apples – this is the perfect healthy dessert, these apples are mouthwatering!
- Instant Pot Eggplant – this spicy garlic eggplant is so addictive! This will become your favorite way of eating eggplant!
To find more healthy recipes to make with kale, check out my kale recipes collection.
Instant Pot Kale
- Wash kale, the coarsely chop it and discard the stems. (You can simply tear the leaves into pieces with your hands).
- Pour water in the Instant Pot and add kale. Close the lid and turn the valve to a Sealing position. Press the "Pressure Cook" or "Manual" button and set the time to 3 minutes on High pressure.
- When it's done cooking, quick release (QR) the steam.
- Drain kale and add it back to the Instant Pot. Press the "Saute" button on the Instant Pot. Add olive oil, minced garlic and red pepper flakes and mix with kale. Cook, stirring every 10 seconds, until garlic is fragrant (about 1 minute). Add salt to taste.