This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Making perfectly cooked delicious homemade Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges has never been easier! This simple 20-minute recipe is a healthy side dish that goes with almost any meal or makes a fantastic yummy snack with some dipping sauce!
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
Sweet potato sides are a wonderful way to take a break from white potatoes and get some more immune-boosting vitamins into your diet. And these air fryer sweet potato wedges are a tasty way to do it! The recipe is really easy and the air fryer makes them perfectly browned on the outside, but still soft on the inside enhancing all their lovely hints of sweetness.
The best part on top of how yummy these wedges are is that this quick 20-minute recipe doesn’t take much effort. Once you cut the sweet potatoes into wedges, then all you have to do is toss them with some oil and spices before putting them into the air fryer to cook! That’s it! And you can customize the seasonings and oil any way you like. You can even omit the oil to make it super healthy if you prefer.
These delicious sweet potato wedges are a favorite in my house, so I make this recipe often. I can get the kids to eat these with no problem. In fact, so easily I sometimes whip up a batch of these to serve them as an after-school snack with some BBQ sauce or ranch. Way better than potato chips or sugary sweets!
How to Make Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
Making homemade air fried sweet potato wedges is simple and only requires a few ingredients. This is what you will need:
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
But this recipe is flexible. You can use any herbs and seasonings you like. I just like to keep it simple. But feel free to be as creative as you like.
To begin, wash the sweet potatoes and peel them if you like. You can also use unpeeled sweet potatoes too as I do. Then cut the potatoes in half and then cut all of the halves into wedges. Now, place them into a large bowl.
Next, drizzle the sweet potatoes with about one tablespoon of olive oil. You can also use any type of vegetable oil or even omit the oil altogether. Then sprinkle the potatoes with salt and pepper to season and toss them to coat them evenly.
Now, put the seasoned sweet potatoes into the basket of the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
Once the sweet potato wedges are done cooking, remove them from the air fryer basket and put them on your serving dish to enjoy!
How to Store Air Fried Sweet Potato Wedges
Sweet potato wedges will keep in the fridge for up to one week when stored in a covered container. I don’t suggest freezing them. You can try it, but it doesn’t always work so well. If you do freeze them just make sure it’s in a sealed freezer bag and they will keep for about 3 months.
How to Reheat Air Fried Sweet Potato Wedges
To reheat, simply put the wedges in the microwave for about 3 minutes on medium power or in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes. If reheating from frozen, I suggest putting them on a baking sheet in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until they crisp up. This will take varying times depending on the portion size you are reheating, but will be around 20 minutes.
What to Serve with Air Fried Sweet Potato Wedges
Sweet potatoes are delicious and go with almost anything from a burger to roasted chicken. You just can’t go wrong with a sweet potato side! These are just a few of my favorites to pair with them.
- Frozen Burgers In The Instant Pot
- Roasted Chicken Breast
- How To Make Ribs In The Instant Pot
- BBQ Baked Chicken Legs With Honey Soy
- Pork Tenderloin In The Air Fryer
- Frozen Shrimp Tempura In The Air Fryer
More Air Fryer Recipes
Cooking in the air fryer is quick and easy. I should know! I do it all the time! So if you enjoyed this air fryer sweet potato wedges recipe, you should check out some of my other amazing air fryer recipes!
- Box Yellow Cake In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Pickles
- Frozen Tostones In The Air Fryer
- Frozen Tamales in the Air Fryer
- How To Air Fry Artichokes
- Frozen Mac And Cheese Bites In The Air Fryer
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Wash your sweet potatoes and peel them if you like. I always leave the peel on but it's a personal preference. Then cut them in half and cut each half into wedges.
- Drizzle the sweet potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Then toss to coat them evenly with the oil and seasonings. You can use as much oil and seasonings as you want. You don't even have to use any oil if you prefer.
- Put the coated sweet potato wedges into the air fryer basket and cook them at 400°F for 15 minutes. Then halfway through cooking, at around 12 minutes, remove the air fryer basket and shake it so that the sweet potatoes cook evenly. Then put the wedges back into the air fryer to let them finish cooking.
- When done, remove the sweet potato wedges from the air fryer and transfer them to your serving dish of choice to enjoy.
- Air Fried Sweet Potato Chips
- Curly Fries In Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Fries From Scratch
- Sweet Potato Fries In Air Fryer
- Sweet Potato Waffle Fries In Air Fryer