This homemade cinnamon brown sugar popcorn is so addictive, you just won’t be able to stop eating it! Bursting with cinnamon sugar flavor!
This homemade gourmet popcorn is coated with salted brown sugar and butter mixture and sprinkled with cinnamon! It tastes amazing!
Serve this epic cinnamon popcorn at a party and you’ll be a hero! Who doesn’t love the sugary buttery and cinnamony stuff? People devour this popcorn in seconds!
Popcorn is naturally gluten-free, so this in an excellent gluten-free appetizer, snack or dessert option 🙂 Yet another excuse to make this delicious brown sugar popcorn!
Making gourmet cinnamon popcorn at home is super easy! In a nutshell, you are coating the popped plain popcorn with melted butter and brown sugar mixture and sprinkling with cinnamon. This popcorn recipe is using the same process of heating butter with sugar as making candied nuts. Anyone can do that, anyone!
How To Make Cinnamon Popcorn With Brown Sugar And Butter
First you’ll need to make a brown sugar and butter mixture that will be drizzled over the popcorn. Melt butter in a saucepan, then add brown sugar and salt (the exact quantities are listed in the recipe card on the bottom of this article). Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
Drizzle the brown sugar and butter mixture over popped popcorn, and toss the popcorn so all kernels are coated. Put the popcorn on parchment-paper-lined baking sheets to dry out and sprinkle with cinnamon.
When the cinnamon brown sugar popcorn cools down completely, put it in a bowl and serve. Enjoy!
If you like this cinnamon brown sugar popcorn, you will also love these easy recipes:
Honey Candied Pecans – these sticky candied pecans are so addictive!
Bacon Wrapped Dates – these yummy little appetizers disappear in seconds!
Best Ever Guacamole – OMG this guac is truly EPIC! This recipe is a must for all guacamole lovers!
Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas – these yummy spicy crispy Buffalo chicken quesadillas are so good! Dip them in Ranch, yummy yummy yum!
Cinnamon Roll Cake – it’s like a cinnamon roll in a cake form! Super easy to make, bursting with cinnamon sugar flavor!
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Put popcorn in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add brown sugar and salt and stir with a spoon until combined.
- Bring the mixture to boil, reduce heat to simmer and continue cooking, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Pour the brown sugar and butter mixture over the popcorn and immediately stir and toss the popcorn until all kernels are covered.
- Put the popcorn on the cookie sheets in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the popcorn with cinnamon.
- Let the cinnamon brown sugar popcorn cool completely and serve.