This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Candied walnuts are extremely addictive – you just can’t stop eating them until the bowl is empty! There are many ways to enjoy candied walnuts – you can serve them in a bowl as a party appetizer or a snack, mix them with some raisins or other dried fruit as a trail mix or add them to salads.
If you try to find candied walnuts at the store, you’ll have a hard time finding them – not too many stores carry candied walnuts, and when they do, their availability is not consistent. Your best bet is to make candied walnuts yourself!
Believe it or not, candied walnuts recipe is extremely easy. Even though candied walnuts look so fancy, the recipes only requires 3 ingredients (walnuts, brown sugar and butter) and takes 5 minutes to make. Even an absolute beginner can make this recipe, so there is no excuse to make candied walnuts :)
Here’s the picture of cooked candied walnuts cooling on a baking sheet:
Here’s another picture of candied walnuts in a bowl:
Enjoy these yummy candied walnuts and try not to eat them all up in one sitting :) Also, check out this great salad recipe that uses candied walnuts – it has spinach, dried cranberries, avocado, feta cheese and orange slices – so yummy – party salad recipe with candied nuts.
- 2 cups walnuts
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat until butter is completely melted.
- Add brown sugar and walnuts to the frying pan and mix.
- Cook, stirring every 30 seconds, until the sugar is completely dissolved (about 4 minutes).
- Remove candied walnuts from the frying pan onto a baking sheet. Put the walnuts on parchment paper in a single layer and spread them apart so they are not touching and don't stick together. Let them cool for 30 minutes.
- After the candied walnuts are completely cool, put them in a bowl and serve.