This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
No need to worry about cutting raw squash – you can bake it whole! This recipe saves you so much effort. It’s much easier to cut spaghetti squash after it’s cooked and soft instead of struggling with it uncooked!
Baked Whole Spaghetti Squash
Baked spaghetti squash is so healthy and delicious, you’ll love it! Just put whole spaghetti squash in the oven and it will bake it to perfection!
You can serve this for a lunch or dinner with some toppings or sides. There is so much you can do with baked spaghetti squash!
You can try it with a meat sauce such as in my recipe here: Spaghetti Squash With Meat Sauce With Ground Beef Or Turkey
Also, spaghetti squash is great for a low carb diet such as keto because it is gluten free, not to mention filling and low calorie!
Health Benefits of Spaghetti Squash
Spaghetti squash is great for your gut health because it is rich in fiber. There are about 2 grams of fiber per cup of squash.
Additionally, the squash contains many nutrients, such as folic acid, potassium, Vitamin A, and beta carotene. These are important for your body’s health and well-being.
How to Prepare Baked Whole Spaghetti Squash in the Oven
This recipe is quite simple. All you need is a spaghetti squash, a knife, and a baking sheet to get started!
First you will preheat the oven to 425F. Then place parchment paper on the baking sheet.
Carefully, use a sharp knife to stab the spaghetti squash a few times. This will release steam so the squash doesn’t explode from the pressure of the baking in the oven whole.
Place the squash on the baking sheet and put in the oven for 50 minutes. When done, it will be soft and cooked all the way through.
After taking out of the oven, let it sit for at least 10 minutes as it will be too hot to handle.
Once it has cooled off slightly, you will cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds using a spoon.
Then, using a fork, scrape out the strands of cooked squash and put them in a serving bowl.
You can use any type of seasoning you like. I chose to keep it simple with salt, pepper, parmesan cheese, and some butter!
Another idea is to use tomato sauce and serve it like traditional spaghetti.
What to Serve with Baked Spaghetti Squash
You can enjoy this dish on its own or serve it as a side for a bigger meal. You can keep it keto-friendly by serving some meat and other veggies alongside the spaghetti squash. Here are some great ideas for what to serve with this dish:
- Air Fryer Almond Flour Breaded Chicken – Keto Low Carb
- Instant Pot Keto Chili Recipe Without Beans
- Keto Salmon Sheet Pan Meal Prep With Cauliflower And Mushrooms
- Baked Turkey Stuffed Bell Pepper Halves (Keto)
- Keto Chicken Thighs Meat Roll Recipe
More Recipes Using the Oven
Do you love eating roasted squash such as this baked spaghetti squash in the oven? Want to use your oven to cook more delicious meals? Try out one of these other easy-to-make recipes! You can make other squash in oven such as acorn or butternut squash!
- Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe
- Oven Roasted Acorn Squash Halves
- Perfect Oven Roasted Baked Cornish Hens Recipe
- Crispy Baked Bacon – How To Cook Bacon In The Oven
- Perfect Oven Baked Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Baked Whole Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Spaghetti squash
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Baking dish
- First pre-heat the oven to 425F. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Use a sharp knife to carefully stab the spaghetti squash a few times.
- Place squash on the sheet pan and put in the oven for 50 minutes,
- When done, take it out and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Then cut the squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds.
- Then, using a fork, shred the inside of the squash into a serving bowl.
- Add on desired seasonings such as salt, pepper, parmesan cheese, and butter.
- Serve and enjoy!
- How To Cook Delicata Squash In The Oven
- Spaghetti Squash Air Fryer
- Spaghetti Squash Instant Pot
- Spaghetti Squash Microwave