This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Acorn squash is a gorgeous and delightful fall ingredient that more people should be using in their kitchens! With this recipe for Oven Roasted Acorn Squash Halves, you can enjoy a wonderful fall side dish that tastes great.
Acorn squash makes a perfect side dish. I love how easy and delicious this recipe for Oven Roasted Acorn Squash comes out every time. Roasted to perfection in the oven, you can rest assured your acorn squash will be deliciously tender and mouthwatering. With just a bit of olive oil, five minutes of preparation time, and fifty minutes in the oven, you can be digging in to some perfectly roasted squash at dinner time.
This dish isn’t just enjoyable, it is healthy, too. You can’t beat as side dish so delicious, healthy, and easy to prepare. This simple to prepare is gluten-free, keto-friendly, and low in carbs. It is also vegan and vegetarian, so it is sure to be a hit at any family gathering. It has such a great fall flavor that it will be a winning side dish. Baked Roasted Acorn Squash Halves make a great fall side.
Are you ready to give this based squash a try? Start preheating the oven and lining a baking sheet. Cut the acorn squash in half lengthwise using a sharp knife. Scoop out and discard the seeds before placing each acorn half on the baking sheet. Make sure the cut side is up. Brush each squash half with olive oil. Put the acorn squash halves in the oven and bake for fifty minutes until tender. I love this Oven Roasted Acorn Squash with some butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, or maple syrup on top. That makes it oh so sweet and oh so tasty.
So tasty and tender, this is one yummy side dish. This Oven Roasted Squash is easily prepared with very little work. It is sure to be a hit at any family gathering, but is so easy that you can enjoy it as a side dish any evening! Guilt-free and so smooth, this baked squash comes out perfect. Add in some toppings and you have a decadent side that is a go-to fall favorite.
Want to transition these Oven Baked Acorn Squash Halves to main dish status? Try making stuffed acorn squash! It is just as tasty, but so filling it is a great main dish.
Whether you bake your acorn squash for a healthy side, add some sweet toppings, or throw some stuffing into the mix to make a main dish, this preparation method is a winner!
Oven Roasted Acorn Squash Halves
- 2 acorn squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut acorn squash in half lengthwise using a sharp knife. Scoop out and discard the seeds.
- Put the acorn squash halves on a baking sheet cut side up. Brush them with olive oil.
- Put acorn squash in the oven and bake for 50 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve with butter, cinnamon, brown sugar or maple syrup for optional topping.
If you like this baked acorn squash, you will also love these easy recipes:
- Acorn Squash Oven Fries – this is a perfect healthy alternative to regular fries!
- Instant Pot Acorn Squash – if you are an Instant Pot owner, you will love this method of cooking acorn squash!
- Stuffed Baked Acorn Squash – stuff acorn squash with ground turkey, cranberries and pecans for a festive main dish!