This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Are you looking for a low carb side dish? I have to insist you try making these air fryer acorn squash fries at home! This veggie fry has a delicious crispy exterior with a slightly sweeter center. It’s perfect for a quick weeknight meal!
Air Fryer Acorn Squash Fries
After having used the air fryer to cook a whole acorn squash, I really wanted to use the acorn squash in another form. Here comes a quick air fryer recipe for acorn squash fries!
This vegetable is full of fiber and potassium which makes it a delicious healthy side dish to serve to a family of 4.
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can also easily make these acorn squash fries in the oven using similar ingredients in just under 30 minutes!
Ingredients To Make Air Fried Acorn Squash Fries
This recipe is super simple. All you need are the 2 main ingredients:
- Acorn squash
- Olive oil
As for the seasoning, well…that’s really up to you!
You can go with the classic salt and pepper combo or give it a nice kick with a dash of cayenne pepper. The list of potential seasoning combos is endless!
If you’re not the biggest fan of acorn squash, that’s totally fine. There are many different veggie fry recipes out there you can try in your air fryer or oven.
These are some of my other favorites to make:
- Oven-Baked Garlic Parmesan Fries
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Roasted Acorn Squash Fries
- Keto Zucchini Fries With NO Breading
- Baked Delicata Squash Fries
How To Make Acorn Squash Fries In The Air Fryer
Before you start cooking anything, make sure to really scrub and clean the outside of the acorn squash as we are leaving the skin on for some extra nutritional value.
After you have made sure the acorn squash is clean, cut the vegetable in half and scoop out the seeds using a spoon. Did you know that there is such thing as a pumpkin seed scooper?
Of course you can use a regular spoon to scoop out the seeds, but if you eat a lot of squash, you’ll appreciate the convenience of a seed scraping gadget – check out seed remover for squash on Amazon.
Cut the squash into 1-inch wedges.
Pour olive oil over squash pieces and toss them to coat.
Place the acorn squash wedges in the air fryer basket.
Cook the squash fries in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 17 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time.
- If you like to use the whole vegetable, don’t throw out those seeds! Instead, after you finish scooping out the seeds from the middle of the acorn squash, add them to a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil and your favorite seasonings. Cook them in the oven until they’re nice and roasted. You can eat these as a snack or add them as a topping to a salad!
What To Serve With Acorn Squash Fries
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you loved this acorn squash fries recipe, check out some of my other air fryer recipes!
These are some of my current veggie go-to’s:
- Roasted Mushrooms In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Crispy Roasted Asparagus
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Corn In The Cob In The Air Fryer
Air Fryer Acorn Squash Fries
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Cut acorn squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Cut the squash into 1-inch wedges. Pour olive oil over squash pieces and toss to coat.
- Put acorn squash wedges in the air fryer basket. Cook acorn squash fries in the air fryer at 400F for 17 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time.