This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Healthy crisp and tender sauteed asparagus is amazing! It’s so delicious and comes out perfect every time! It’s a fantastic side dish to any meal and only takes 10 minutes to make!
Cooking asparagus in a skillet is both a yummy and healthy way to add more green veggies to your diet! It’s gluten-free, low carb, keto, and vegan! You can’t go wrong with this recipe.
It’s a versatile side that is super easy to make. You can saute it with as little or as much oil as you prefer and use any seasoning you like. For example, I used simple seasonings, but you can add dried or fresh herbs, chili flakes, or even finish it with some lemon juice. It’s totally up to you.
And the recipe is nearly foolproof and makes sauteing really simple. No fancy pan is needed. All you need is a frying pan, some fresh asparagus, and just 10 minutes.
Health Benefits of Asparagus
Asparagus is a low-calorie vegetable that is full of lots of essential vitamins and minerals like vitamins A, C, and K. It’s a fantastic source of antioxidants as well, which reduces your risk of chronic disease. Asparagus is also known to be a good source of fiber, which promotes digestive health and has been said to help lower blood pressure.
How to Sauté Asparagus
This recipe is really easy! You just need a few simple ingredients.
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
But before you begin, you’ll want to make sure to trim the woody ends off of the asparagus.
Then add a little bit of olive oil to a frying pan. You can use as little or as much oil as you’d like and nonstick pans often require that you use less oil. Then add the asparagus to the frying pan.
Next, season the asparagus by sprinkling it with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. You can use any seasonings or herbs you want to season your asparagus. So be as creative as you like.
To cook, turn the heat on to high and wait a few minutes just until the oil starts sizzling. Then flip the asparagus over and then cover the pan with a lid. Now, reduce the heat to medium and cook the asparagus for 5 minutes turning it over halfway through.
After the asparagus has cooked for 5 minutes, flip it over once more and turn the heat up to medium-high to cook it uncovered for another 2 to 3 minutes flipping it every minute. At this point, cook the asparagus until it reaches how you like it. This is a personal preference.
When the sauteed asparagus is done cooking, transfer it to your favorite dish and serve!
How to Store
Leftover sauteed asparagus will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days when covered or stored in a container. Leftovers are a great addition when added to other meals like rice or pasta dishes. Cold sauteed asparagus is even really yummy chopped up and added to a green salad.
What to Serve with Sautéed Asparagus
This side dish goes with almost any meal! Like beef, chicken, or pasta! These are some of my favorites to serve with asparagus.
- Pesto Pasta With Chicken
- Air Fryer Filet Mignon Steak
- Frozen Chicken Kiev In The Air Fryer
- How To Make Tortellini In The Instant Pot
- Bone-In Chicken Breast In The Air Fryer
More Easy Vegetable Recipes
Did you love this sauteed asparagus recipe and are looking for more simple ways to include veggies into your diet!?! Then look no more! I’ve got a few for you to check out right here.
- Frozen Okra In The Air Fryer
- How To Bake Spaghetti Whole Squash
- Air Fryer Frozen Butternut Squash Cubes
- Roasted Zucchini In The Air Fryer
- Steamed Spinach In The Instant Pot
Sauteed Asparagus - How To Cook Asparagus In A Skillet On The Stove
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Frying pan
- Add a little bit of oil to a frying pan. Then put the asparagus into the pan. You can use as little or as much oil as you'd like.
- Sprinkle the asparagus with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Turn the heat on to high and wait until the oil starts sizzling.
- Once the oil is sizzling, flip the asparagus over. Then cover the pan with a lid and reduce the heat to medium. Now, cook for 5 minutes turning the asparagus over halfway through.
- After 5 minutes, flip the asparagus over once more and turn the heat up to medium high. Then cook uncovered for another 2 to 3 minutes flipping the asparagus every minute. At this point, you can cook them until your desired doneness.
- When done, transfer to your serving dish and enjoy.
- Steamed Sugar Snap Peas In The Instant Pot
- Air Fried Frozen Brussels Sprouts
- Frozen Ravioli In The Instant Pot
- Baked Greek Lemon Chicken Thighs
- How To Pan Fry Kale