This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
It’s time for another fun Mexican dinner recipe: sheet pan chicken fajitas! This Mexican chicken recipe is great to make for a quick dinner with the family or when you are having a little get together and need to serve a large group of people.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
I’ve been trying to come up with a few more low carb recipes I can easily and quickly put together for a healthy dinner. After I put together this vegetarian stuffed peppers recipe for dinner a few weeks back, I wanted to keep trying out a few more Mexican recipes and decided to try to make chicken fajitas!
This recipe for chicken fajitas are perfectly baked in the oven and tastes amazing. All you need are boneless, skinless chicken breasts, and your choice of veggies (I used the classic bell peppers and onions combination).
How To Make Chicken Fajita Marinade
To make this chicken fajita recipe even more fantastic, I put together this quick and simple marinade to really give the chicken and veggies a ton of great flavor.
For this marinade, you will need:
Whisk together all three of the ingredients mentioned above into a cup.
In a large bowl, combine the chicken breasts along with the chopped bell peppers and onion slices. Pour the olive oil marinade over the chicken and veggies and toss everything together until it’s all combined.
If you want (or have the time), let the fajitas marinate on the counter for 30 minutes or in the refrigerator overnight. But, if you don’t have the time or want to cook right away, go ahead and skip the marinating!
How To Make Chicken Fajitas In The Oven
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a non-stick baking sheet with parchment paper.
After the chicken has been marinated, spread the chicken fajitas and vegetables on a baking sheet in a single layer. Make sure to not overcrowd the pan.
Place the sheet pan into the oven and bake the chicken fajitas in the oven on the top shelf. After 15 minutes, switch the oven temperature to broil and cook for an additional 5 minutes to get a little color and crispiness.
What To Serve With Chicken Fajitas
So, there are a couple of different ways you can serve this Mexican chicken dish.
You can go the traditional route and serve the chicken fajitas with some:
- Mexican street corn salad
- Fresh pico de gallo salsa
- Easy homemade guacamole
- Homemade Mexican flour tortillas
- Instant Pot cilantro lime rice
If you want to serve this chicken dish in a different way, you can serve it with some baked pasta, spicy chili sauce, and melted cheese! This is absolutely delicious!
Looking for something low carb? I highly recommend serving these chicken fajitas with a side of cauliflower rice or added to a bed of spring lettuce salad.
More Sheet Pan Recipes
If you loved this yummy sheet pan chicken fajitas recipe, you will also love some of these other dinner recipes!
Here are some of my other favorite sheet pan recipes I like to make regularly:
- Shrimp Fajitas
- Chicken Thighs With Potatoes
- Salmon With Cauliflower And Mushrooms
- Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers With Quinoa And Black Beans
- Baked Shrimp With Garlic And Parmesan
Sheet Pan Baked Chicken Fajitas
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- 2 bell peppers cut into thin strips
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 lime squeezed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a non-stick baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk olive oil, lime juice and chili powder in a cup.
- In a large bowl, combined the chicken, bell pepper and onion slices. Pour the olive oil mixture over the chicken mixture and toss until combined.
- If desired, marinade the fajitas mixture on the counter for 30 minutes or in refrigerator overnight. Or skip marinating if short on time :)
- Spread the fajitas mixture on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake chicken fajitas in the oven on the top shelf for 15 minutes, then switch the oven to Broil and cook for additional 5 minutes.