This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Looking for a delicious gluten-free, paleo, vegan side dish that doesn’t require much prep work? This Roasted Butternut Squash is just what you need!
This Roasted Butternut Squash recipe is simple to make but tastes absolutely amazing. It is full of flavor and oven-roasted to perfection. I love the combination of the sweet maple syrup, flavorful cinnamon, and fresh butternut squash.
It is so full of flavor but so easy to make! Even though the total time for this recipe is 35 minutes, it only takes five minutes of prep time. That is my kind of recipe! Fast and sweet, sign this home cook up!
A sprinkle of cinnamon and glaze of maple syrup transforms a simple butternut squash into an absolutely amazing side dish. It is so sweet and delicious you’d swear it was dessert! Any dessert I can mistake for a treat is one that I am all about. You just can’t beat sweet, even if it is with a squash! It makes a great accompaniment to so many delicious main dishes. It is amazing with a fresh salad and incredible with a perfectly done meat. I love side dishes that are versatile and this Roasted Butternut Squash is exactly that!
To make this Roasted Butternut Squash, start by preheating your oven and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper. Peel the butternut squash before cutting it into one-inch cubes (see my step-by-step tutorial on how to cut a butternut squash). Next, toss the squash cubes with maple syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon. Put the butternut squash on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for twenty-five minutes in the oven. Your kitchen will smell heavenly while this dish bakes! When your squash is done roasting you’ll be in for a treat!
If you are looking for a side dish that is sure to please, try this delicious Roasted Butternut Squash. Unexpectedly delicious, this butternut squash recipe combines such amazing flavors. It has an absolutely decadent flavor but couldn’t be simpler to make. The flavor of the squash is perfectly complemented by the sweetness of the maple syrup. The aroma of the cinnamon will have your stomach growling while it bakes in your oven. It tastes just as good as it smells, too. Give it a try and you are sure to love this amazing side dish.
If you like roasted butternut squash, you will also love these easy recipes:
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash – if you own an Instant Pot, you will love this easy way of cooking butternut squash!
- Baked Parmesan Zucchini – yum yum yum, these zucchini fries are super popular and have been pinned on Pinterest over 500,000 times!
- Delicata Squash Fries – another amazing type of squash, so yummy and naturally sweet! You can do it with butternut squash too, just cut into the fries shape :)
- Spicy Garlic Roasted Eggplant – even eggplant haters like these amazing roasted eggplant slices! They are so full of flavor!
- Cinnamon Raisin Baked Apples – OMG these baked apples are mouthwatering! An amazing dessert that’s healthy – what a find!
Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the butternut squash and cut into 1-inch cubes (if you've never done this before, see my tutorial with step-by-step photos on how to cut butternut squash).
- Toss the cut-up squash with maple syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Put the butternut squash on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Put squash in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.