This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Air fried hasselback potatoes have crispy skin and amazing texture – you will love making them in the air fryer! These potatoes are so easy to make and completely hands off once in the air fryer.
In this easy and yummy recipe, the potatoes are sliced hasselback (accordion) style, seasoned with oil, salt, and pepper and air fried. Put prepared hasselback potatoes in the air fryer and they will be cooked to perfection! These are so delicious!
If you’ve never heard of hasselback potatoes, you are probably wondering – what in the world are they? Hasselback is a special way of slicing the potatoes where you cut only go about 3/4 of the way through, so the bottom of the potato never gets cut and the slices stay connected. Hasselback potatoes are often called accordion potatoes because the hasselback sliced potato looks like a fan or accordion, with all the slices visible, yet they don’t come apart!
How to Make Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
Making hasselback potatoes is extremely easy! First wash and dry your potatoes. I use 3 as it fits just right in the air fryer. Then rub the potatoes with vegetable oil.
Slice the potatoes with a sharp knife accordion style, using a pencil on either side of the potato to prevent the knife from cutting all the way through. Then take a brush and coat the potatoes with some more oil, aiming for in between some of the slices. Then season with some salt and pepper to taste.
Then place in the air fryer basket. Set the temperature to 390F for 35 minutes.
After that, just relax – the air fryer does all the cooking! Serve hot and enjoy!
Different Seasoning Combos For Hasselback Potatoes
I tend to stick with some standard seasonings but sometimes I like to shake things up and try something new!
Here are a few more spice combo ideas for you to try:
- Garlic Parmesan
- Spicy Cajun
- Italian seasoning
What To Serve With Hasselback Potatoes
There are many options you can serve these potatoes with for a full meal! For instance, I like to serve them alongside my baked greek lemon chicken thighs and roasted asparagus spears for a wholesome dinner. It’s one of my favorite meals!
Here are some other suggestions to pair with your potatoes:
- Baked Whole Whitefish Recipe
- Fish In Foil Packets Recipe With Lemon Butter – Grilled or Baked!
- Roasted Bone-In Chicken Breast Recipe
- Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you enjoyed this recipe for hasselback potatoes, you should try these other air fryer recipes. They are all so fast and easy, perfect for a quick lunch or dinner!
- Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
- Air Fryer Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Air Fryer Keto Zucchini Fries With No Breading
Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
- 3 Russet Potatoes
- Vegetable oil
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Two pencils
- Wash and dry your potatoes. Rub with vegetable oil.
- Take 2 pencils and place on either side of the potato, front and back. Then slice the potatoes accordion style, making sure not to cut all the way through.
- Then use the brush to baste the potatoes with oil, making sure to coat thoroughly along the cuts.
- Season with salt and pepper and any other seasonings to taste.
- Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket. Set temperature to 390F for 35 minutes.
- Remove when finished and enjoy!